Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tennessee and Alabama reciprocal agreement

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tennessee and Alabama reciprocal agreement

I hate the agreement between the 2 states. Whenever one goes up on the out of state license, the other one matches. Sometimes I think the cost is too high for the license. I know some people pay more, but I think it should be a flat standard reasonable rate between all states as to what should be paid for fishing license. It is recreational and should be provided for the lowest possible price for all to enjoy. I realize that it takes money to pay for things, but why are some states so much more than others? I see no difference between the resources and stockings and other related things between Alabama and TN, but Tennessee's annual resident license is almost 3 times the amount of Alabama's. The out of state license went up over 30 percent in one year. 41 dollars a year for out of state license for AL and TN. Maybe I'm just being cheap, but my opinion is thats a little too much.

Post Thanks / Like

Tennessee went up on all of their license fees by the same 30%, it does sting.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes but we have been lucky, Its been a good while without Tn going up .
    AS far as AL. Guess I will just fish to Bear creek and stop there.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I just dont see the need for Tennessee's resident license fee to be what it is either. Alabama's is just $9.50 a year I think Tennessee's went up to somewhere close to 30 dollars. I'm not sure the exact amount. I guess they know addicted fishermen will pay it, but I'm sure that is hard for lower income people to have to pay every year. I make a good living and I even think its too much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker
    I just dont see the need for Tennessee's resident license fee to be what it is either. Alabama's is just $9.50 a year I think Tennessee's went up to somewhere close to 30 dollars. I'm not sure the exact amount. I guess they know addicted fishermen will pay it, but I'm sure that is hard for lower income people to have to pay every year. I make a good living and I even think its too much.
    Tn is for hunting small game and fishing for us.
    So that is not bad. If you look at some states we are still getting a good deal.
    Part of me would love to see just a fishing with no hunting for res. but then it would be like big game used to be. One price and hunt all three bow gun and smokepole. Now you pay for each and it sure is high compared to what it used to be for only one .
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Should be a fishing License and then a seperate hunting license. Will not ever happen though as the state government is involved. Any time the gov. gets involved you and I are getting ------ well you know!