Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Iowa report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Iowa report

Figured I would give a quick report from your northern neighbor. I've been doing a lot of fishing in between thunderstorms, and work. You know, it's really wrong how work gets in the way of really important things (like fishing). The crappie fishing has really tapered off, but between some Lm bass, white bass, and this morning, a good mess of nice gills, I have been eating well. Mornings are great, and living close to the lake (about 4 miles) gives me enough time to get some fishing in before church on Sunday's. It's really quiet out there at 5a.m. Yesterday morning, it was so foggy, I almost cound not see the front end of the triton from the driver's seat. I needed a gps just to know where I was. I didn't stray too far from the dock till the sun beat through. Oh, the triton is doing great. I need to find a gps, and the Merc doesn't like to troll for a long time. Does the trolling ok, but does not like to idle and start. That 2-stroke must be loading up a bit. Any good cures for that? (besides no trolling). Well, time to go do some "honey-do's". See you guys later
    jim

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you are getting out in the cool part of the day.

Been getting hotter than blazes here in SW Missouri, so have to stay well hydrated with water and iced tea:D

Try running some Seafoam through the motor. Haven't had a need to try it yet, but lots of people swear by it
    Ham Radio, the original wireless communications

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Post Thanks / Like

a fresh set of sparkplugs every couple of seasons does wonders for a 2-stroke.

Post Thanks / Like

what they said

Post Thanks / Like

yep, seafoamed it up a couple of weeks ago, and I put new plugs in it Friday. It may just be me too, I may just not have the "nack" for starting it yet. Once running, it runs great!! Cold start, I push the primer in for 6 seconds, then hit the starter. Usually takes about 3 times to get it running. After trolling for a while It's tougher to start, not sure if it is flooded, or not enough fuel. I tried throttle forward like it's flooded, doesn't help. If I'm running cruising speeds, it starts great.