Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: ? for Spikles2

Post Thanks / Like

Default ? for Spikles2

Hey man do think fishing would be any good at Austelle or Dunn this weekend?
    You seem to have fished there alot and I figured if anyone had any thoughts on the subject you might. I bass fished there once when I was a kid but have'nt been back. Don't know why, it's only an hour or so from here.So watcha think, could a guy catch a few there this time a year, and what and where to you recommend to fish?
    Thanks Kin, 3GD

Post Thanks / Like

Default Austell this weekend

It all depends on the weather. The cold front coming in will force them deep and into the cover. Sunday is calling for rain and wind. It may make fishing tough. If you do decide to go, check out the cover adjacent to the spillway. There are 7-10 trees that you can see. This area I believe is about 20 ft. deep. This area has been really good in the past. The area acroos from the beach would be an area to check out. There is alot of standing timber.

The third cove on the left has alot of dead timber on the bottom. We have caught several from this area. The best method may end up being trolling inline spinners at about 12 ft. Once you start getting bites, drop the minnows on em. Again, I don't get to fish this lake as often as I would like. We have propbaly been to every lake in Arkansas once. Let me know

Michael