Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Going to Truman Bucksaw for first time. Help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Going to Truman Bucksaw for first time. Help

My husband and I are taking my parents to the lake for a short vacation on Sunday through Wed. We have never been to Truman or Bucksaw before and wondered if anyone could give me some pointers on where to find some good spots for fish. They haven't been camping for 23 years. I want to try to make it a good trip for them. Thank you for any help.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard, CC. I would try the hedge trees in Jackson Branch. As you go in Jackson, fish the trees along the right bank all the way back. In the back you will find flooded willows and lots of hedge trees. Fish those as well. Blue & white and black & chartreuse should be good colors in the stained water. Good luck and let us know how your day goes.
    The good people at Bucksaw Marina will point you in the right direction also.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome aboard camp cook, lots of good info on here and I think bob just gave you some, hope y'all have a good time

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much. We hunted up there last year for the first time so we thought we would give the fishing a try. Normally we go to Stockton but wanted to try some place new. I will post how the trip went when we get back.

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't do great, but the water was 14 feet above normal. We did catch enough for a fish fry Tuesday night before we came home.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

glad you caught some to fry and welcome from s.e. mo