Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: media room

docwaldo is offline Moderator LA Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default media room

i am turning my upstairs into a media room so i can watch the cowboys win the superbowl this season, at home in dallas. yall check oiut my progress.

doc

Any man can be a father, but it takes a real man to be a DAD!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Who Dat.........

whoaa Doc.....that looks like a major project....been there, done that....found out, nothing is easy.....gotta be hot up there right now.....you doing yourself or contractor....I know you will really like it....a long time friend of mine did that same thing, but did it as the house was being built and he did the work on the media room himself.....matter of fact, he may be your neighbor...he lives just of hwy 3 about 2 miles N of I20 on Briars ct....his turned out nice as I am sure yours will also.....keep us posted.....I like that sort of stuff.....

BTW.........WHO DAT gonna win the superbowl.............LOL

Bruce
    The "King" is coming
    This could be the Day....
    RETIRED LOUISIANA CRAPPIE HUNTER

Post Thanks / Like

Mark, it looks like a work in progress.. oh and btw, if by some chance Dallas was to go to the big game, the game would be moved to another stadium to take away the home field advantage. Good luck with your project and watch the heat. If you have any questions or concerns, give me a call, i do that for a living.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlaughlin72 View Post
    btw, if by some chance Dallas was to go to the big game, the game would be moved to another stadium to take away the home field advantage.
    JOHNNY, you know they did away with the salary cap this year, and the last time the nfl did that, dallas won three out of four superbowl. jerry jones got deep enough pockets to do that again. and from what i understand, when jerry jones and the nfl got together on the superbowl contract, he made a clause that said that if dallas did make it, the game woiuld still be in dallas. that's what i heard when my wife and i took a tour of the new stadium. and i figure they would know if anyone would.

thanks for the offer on advice. im subbing it oiut myself. me andmy dad are gonna insulate it early this week and have the dry wall guys come mid week. then we will be able to turn on that dern a/c unit. it just can't catch up rightnow.

doc

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by docwaldo View Post
    i am turning my upstairs into a media room so i can watch the cowboys win the superbowl this season, at home in dallas. yall check oiut my progress.

doc
    That is such a great thing, to build a room so you can watch your child(ren) play NFL Madden on Playstation 3. :D
    It is not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do for themselves, that will make them successful human beings.
    –Ann Landers

Post Thanks / Like

hey doc, if you would staple some vysqueen onto the outside of your studs, the your air would work inside while you are putting up insulation.. Oh and after some reading, i think you are right about the game staying where it is scheduled, because it's the city that hosts the game, not the team. But we don't have to worry about that anyways, the only reason NO let Dallas beat them this past year was to give them a shot at the playoffs, but it didn't help them anyways...lol..just picking at you buddy.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

johnny, i hear ya bout the visqueen. already bought it. gonna get it up tomorrow after church. gonna get my insulation started tomorrow as well.

did i tell yall that i picked out my colors for the room. walls = dark blue. trim = silver. yep, that's cowboy colors.

doc