Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Chena Bait?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chena Bait?

Has anyone ever used Chena Bait (seal skin)?

I see where it is used up north for ice fishing. Some have used it for crappie and perch fishing.

Anyone know where I can buy some?

Post Thanks / Like

Never heard of it, so I did a Google search and came up with this. Lake Winnebago Fishing Guide, Lake Poygan Fishing Guide, Bluegill, Bluegill Fishing, Walleye Guide, Walleye Fishing, Crappies, Pike, Fishing Report, Videos, Oshkosh, Winneconne, Ice Fishing, Perch
    Links to a few other forums came up in the search asking about it and one reply was this was the only place they could find it.

One post also mentioned using the skin and belly meat of small fish cut into strips and soaked in a brine solution to achieve about the same results
    Ham Radio, the original wireless communications

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Post Thanks / Like

Hell just go down to Mississippi and go to the gulf and get your on seal! Just had a friend come back from that area on business and she said it has terrible down there!
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I found the following posted on 5/21/2010 on another site.......

"Yes, the bluegills and crappie are in the shollows pretty good. We were out there yesterday afternoon Filming a fishing show with Marsh Creek Outdoors on panfishing with The Amazing Chena Bait. We caught lots of panfish big and small in 6' of water and shallower. All fish were caught on small jigs with Chena Bait."

I've sent the guy an email asking where I can buy it. If and when he replies, I'll post the info.

Post Thanks / Like

Radioactive,

duh...sorry I somehow missed where Chena Bait can be ordered. I guess when I clicked on it I was looking for a "products" to order from. The chena bait was hidden from my lap top until I scrolled down. It's clearly there and the only thing to order. I guess I will send him an email and then order one to try.

thanks again,,,,,sorry for my overlooking it.

Post Thanks / Like

Chena Bait can also be purchased direct from Southway Bait Sales. Southway Enterprises Index
    Or through Marsh Creek Outdoors.
    This is a fantastic year round bait. We also did a show using it for lake trout while ice fishing.
    Hope everyone is having a great day.
    Bob Webster
    Home