Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappie Holes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Holes

Are there spots where you can find crappie that all come together in like the 30's 40's+ like bass do in some spots? TIm sayin can you find a little honey hole full of crappie like around a particular dock or bunch of stumps or whatever crappie like to hide in?
    Stop Global Whinning!

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely, that is why so many crappie fisherpeople work on putting down brushpiles and other cover. Either make the honey hole or find the honey hole. Either way, the crappie are going to be concentrated in areas with structure and cover. Structure being underwater geography and cover is what is on top of the structure. There's an old saying that goes, "If you ain't fishing the wood, then you ain't crappie fish'in."
    Last edited by Darryl Morris; 01-18-2006 at 11:04 PM.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Darryl is right, fish wood and brush and you will find numbers! If you can find a dock with wood and brush you will find the mother load! Especialy in pre- spawn, post- spawn, and the fall. It's nothin for me to go out durring these times and catch 30+ crappie off any dock with cover in it! Not every time, but enough times too fill your freezer! Just like in the other boat dock thread, be mindfull of other peoples property. A lot of these guys who worked hard sinking their brush may not want you fishing " thier pile " and get upset. It is always good to ask permission or kick up some small talk with the owner if you see them! And also keep it a secret!
    good luck!
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yeah

I went and found a brushpile about a month ago and caught 49 on it on a Mon. Went back on Fri and had my limit (50 here in La) by 9:30am. On the way out I saw a co-worker of mine that had 4, so I told him where to go and he ended up with 21. That's 116 off that top in 2 days! Lots of people seen me there catching fish and it was productive for everyone for about 2weeks. Very large fish! The baitfish moved down the bayou and the fish left the top, but it was fun while it lasted. I'll try to be there next year and might even freshen the top up some!
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns

Post Thanks / Like

Tony,

Just wondering what part of FL you are in. I will be in Orlando at the end of this month and want to do some fishing. If you can tell me about some lakes if I'm close to your area or maybe we could get together and do some fishing.

Murf

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tony

Tony: I Fish In The Sebring ,fl. Area In The Winter And In Ill. Inthe Summer ---usually 6 Months Each
    In Lakes In Ill. Almost All Crappie Are On Stumps--wood--brush--on The Drops---here In Fl. The Lakes Are Shallow With Grass---pepper Grass ---hydrilla ---and That Is Usually Where The Fish Are
    When They Spawn Down Here Its In Shallow Grass And Lily Pads ,so Some Days You Can Have A Good Catch In A Small Area ---the Fish Are Bigger Down Here But I,ve Never Caught The # Here As I Have Up North In A Small Area
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

wow, thats crazy!!! 30 of a single dock!!! I would have never known that.

About the brushpoilke thing... Yuor saying that I can do something like skind a old christmas tree attached to a cinder block under a bridge, and crappie will show up?

murphdog, Im down in Naples. Im fishin a bass tournament on Sunday on the Big "O". You in the military???? What branch are you in?
    Stop Global Whinning!

Post Thanks / Like

I always go big! I look for a dead, bushy tree laying up in the woods and I drag it down and sink it! It will last longer than Christmas trees. I tie my Christmas trees to buoys and pole timber as well as bluff walls and hank them down about 15' using a block at the end of a tree.
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J.T. Crappie Guide
    I always go big! I look for a dead, bushy tree laying up in the woods and I drag it down and sink it! It will last longer than Christmas trees. I tie my Christmas trees to buoys and pole timber as well as bluff walls and hank them down about 15' using a block at the end of a tree.
    You sneaky dog, you. No really, that's a great idea for the smaller stuff. And hey, don't be so secretive, they see you fishing it anyway and we all need friends on the water. So many people think fishermen lie that I tell them the truth and 99% of the time I never see them there. Anyway, that's a great idea for quick, isolated areas to pitch a jig in.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Tony,
    In the Army at Bragg.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast