Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another good day on the lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another good day on the lake

Another good day. Not the best but not bad. My wife and I spent yesterday crappie fishing. We caught 121 not including some small ones (under 10") that were released. Anyway, we filled the cooler.

http://i48.tinypic.com/28vaqva.jpg
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 06-18-2010 at 09:18 AM. Reason: pic too large/chngd to url

Post Thanks / Like

oh yeh thats the way to do it

Post Thanks / Like

Dang Dude!... leave some for next time!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, nice mess of fish, congrats on the catch.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope this doesn't offend anyone but I think people keep too many fish. Remember those are all less we will catch next time. In my area the DNR have came out and said people are being greedy pigs which is resulting in lower Walleye population. I live on Little Bay de Noc which was the "Walleye capital of the wordl".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganCrappie79 View Post
    I hope this doesn't offend anyone but I think people keep too many fish. Remember those are all less we will catch next time. In my area the DNR have came out and said people are being greedy pigs which is resulting in lower Walleye population. I live on Little Bay de Noc which was the "Walleye capital of the wordl".
    There is some validity in what you say. But there is another side to the equation. That side has to do with balancing out the habitat. Crappies are a very prolific fish and grow about 3 inches per year if they have the habitat in which to do it. But if theat habitat gets underfished or their is an abundance of fry in a gvien year the fish will stunt themselves and not grow. You DNR Guy needs to go back and check his facts. One reason for the decline in Walleye in that area is the over abundance of perch, rock bass, and sauger that are competing for the same food chain. So go out there and do your part.

Down here in the South the formula is you need to catch 100 bream for every bass, or 50 bream for every Crappie according to Alabama DNR stats.

Go save the Walleye by catching as many perch and rockbass as you can

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganCrappie79 View Post
    I had a look at the Iowa regs and there is no limit on Crappie or Walleye and several other species... however the parasitic Pacific Lamprey is a protected species with a ban on catching them, figure that one out!

Post Thanks / Like

Great catch!!

GCD, that is easy to figure out...it's a gubmint agency.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soswine View Post

GCD, that is easy to figure out...it's a gubmint agency.
    I looked up Pacific Lamprey on Google too and they're in decline because of several dams that have been erected... no biggie to the average folk, but they're a ceremonial food for the Native Americans in the Northwest.

Post Thanks / Like

JB

Way to get on em!!!!!!!! That'll help fill the freezer or one big fish fry!!!!!!!!! Glad you had a great day

Fatman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast