Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOZ week of 6/28

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ week of 6/28

Hello all... New to the forum here, this forum was recommended by a friend from the Missouri Whitetails forum.

We are headed down to LOZ for vacation during the week of June 28th, taking the family down for 5 days. PLanning on getting out of dodge before the July 4th crowd hits the water on Friday. With that being said, I have three kidos from 9 to 5 we are going to try and catch a few slabs. We are staying at a friends condo around the 7MM, in Workmen's Hollow Cove.

I am wondering if anyone has any experience in this area of the lake. I would like to stay rather close to the condo with the kidos. I have a big 20' river john boat, so I hope that should handle the waves pretty good.

Thanks for your help in advance - you guys have a great forum here. I have been ready different posts for the last 2 hrs. Man, I wish I found this site years ago!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Springfield. Several on this site fish that lake so I'm sure you will get some good advice.

Post Thanks / Like

There is some great crappie fishing in that area. I'd fish workman hollow, buck creek and north buck creek coves, you should be able to find some crappie in there. Shoot open dock slips and shady sides of docks, anywhere in the SHADE. And as ALWAYS look for docks with fish cleaning tables and rod holders. Good luck
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

welcome aboard, good folks on here you should get some good ideas on where to go. I know most loz guys fish them docks pretty often so get aquainted with the dock owners and have a ball

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. I will definitely give those coves a shot. I am not trying to steal away someones favorite secret spot - just know some coves and areas tend to product more than others.

I doubt I will be able to do much fishing - it is work trying to keep minnows on three hooks or let me rephrase that, the most work is in making sure the hooks do not end up on the docks with the little guys casting!

Post Thanks / Like

three words " fish at night" cooler, alot less boat traffic and better fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

north and south buck creek a very good areas find some docks with 15 to 20 ft of water and you should find the crappie as you come in to north buck creek try the 1st cove to your right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobowhunter View Post
    Thank you. I will definitely give those coves a shot. I am not trying to steal away someones favorite secret spot - just know some coves and areas tend to product more than others.

I doubt I will be able to do much fishing - it is work trying to keep minnows on three hooks or let me rephrase that, the most work is in making sure the hooks do not end up on the docks with the little guys casting!
    just get up next to the dock and drop it down

Post Thanks / Like

Buck creeks are good and so is moonlight bay,keep moving you might hit 20 docks without a bite then you'll hit the sweet spot...........look for 12'-20' on the deep end.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

You stay out of Buck Creek now! Just kiddin', where Jimmie said should put you on some fish, our family lake house is in that cove he mentioned. I was at the house last weekend and caught some dinks off our dock, but didn't get the boat out due to the weather. They should be relating to the shade of the docks about now and on in to the summer. I have found that even if you don't mark structure or see telltale signs of fisherman at a certain dock, doesn't mean there won't be fish there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast