Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad Boys Bad Boys

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bad Boys Bad Boys

Watcha gonna do?

Exciting Day today! Had someone forge my name to a check that was sent to me to do a job for one of my FB friends. Banker caught it and called me, I had her call the Police. Got the cash back, job is a go. News at 11...
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

PROSECUTE to the fullest extent of the law.

Or try to findem in a dark alley, prolly get better results than the law.

Post Thanks / Like

Did they steal the check out of your mailbox? Lucky you have an attentive banker. I'm pretty sure my bank wouldn't have noticed at all.
    -Damon

Post Thanks / Like

Route carrier stuck it in the neighbors mailbox, they forged it and had her adopted Father co endorse it stating that the guy it was made out to, (me) was living with them and had no ID to be able to cash it. The bank cashed it since the co endorser had an account at the same small local bank. After they left, the teller noticed that the check was made out to me and checked my signature on file with the signature on the back of the check. It didn't match and she called me to ask if I had sent a guy up to cash it for me. This bank is very small, maybe 700sq ft lobby and two small offices. They know their customers and she knew if I had a check, I would either deposit it or cash it myself. Golden feather in her cap for catching it! I told her to call the police and that I would be up there in a few. Turns out, the people that did it are neighbors and known drug addicts in Oologah according to the Chief. I declined to file charges at this time so the money wouldn't be tied up as evidence. I think the teller and the office manager are good enough witnesses. The Chief told me that since it was a non violent crime, that they would be charged with a felony count of forgery and that would be out by morning. I am currently adamant about pursueing charges since they live within 75 yards of my front door. I am leaning towards talking with the DA in Rogers County concerning the matter. I wonder if the Chief is trying to keep the co endorser from getting in trouble. It's my opinion his adopted daughter snowed him into helping them cash it. What to do?
    Last edited by Crappie Reaper; 06-21-2010 at 07:03 AM.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, kudos to your bank CR. But IMHO, Dad couldn't have been snowed unless he wanted to...

Just be sure the gal at the bank gets some flowers and a big ole "Thank You" note!! Customer service like that is rare these days!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OkieDon View Post
    Just be sure the gal at the bank gets some flowers and a big ole "Thank You" note!! Customer service like that is rare these days!
    No kidding...

I tend to agree with Don about the snowjob too, but I know how persuasive and persistant a desperate addict can be. I'd have a tough time with that decision too. One things for certain, I'd keep a much closer eye on my valuables just knowing they are around.
    -Damon

Post Thanks / Like

Default mailbox question

How do you know for sure it was placed in the wrong mailbox? Could it be that it WAS placed in your mailbox and they took it out? Then lied about it since that would be a HUGE crime....tampering with U.S. mail!!!

Prosecute....it is time for people like them to learn a valuable lesson. It may save their lives and get them off drugs. Especially if they have kids at home seeing them do drugs.

Peke

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peke View Post
    How do you know for sure it was placed in the wrong mailbox? Could it be that it WAS placed in your mailbox and they took it out? Then lied about it since that would be a HUGE crime....tampering with U.S. mail!!!

Prosecute....it is time for people like them to learn a valuable lesson. It may save their lives and get them off drugs. Especially if they have kids at home seeing them do drugs.

Peke
    I tend to agree with you peke except in this situation. If these people are really on drugs and those drugs happen to be meth, then these people are not rational in the least.

Think about it, they were willing to tamper with the mail and cash a stolen check all in hopes of using the money for more drugs.

When people reach this level they have no judgment skills or remorse. Their brain is barely functioning and only allows them the ability to complete the minimum requirements to exist. They are totally controlled by the meth at this stage and have no judgment skills.

If reaper pressed charges and these people are prosecuted, he will have them for enemies as long as they are around. Reaper has young girls living at his home and he can't always be there to watch over them.

They would do something in the future for revenge and that's not a risk anyone should take. If by leaving things as they are, they will probably go on about their screwed up life and eventually they will pull another act that will land them in jail.

The police are already watching them and when they screw up, they will prosecuted then without Reaper being involved.

I hate it that our nation has come to this and would love to see Reaper file charges, but he is the one that has to live with that decision.

Me, I would leave it as it stands now and always be ready to send them all to the morgue if it came to that.
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default kids!

Yeah, you are right about Reaper's side of things. He has to keep his kids safe. I have not seen what Meth does to people brains, but with your nursing background, I bet you have seen a lot, plus you have lots of training!

All I see is what parental drug abuse does to kids in school. Every year I see kids being the adults and raising younger siblings because their parents are druggies. The kids come to school hungry, dirty, and sleepy.

I am required by law to report the parents when a student tells me what is going on. I guess one day some parent may take it out on me. There is not much I can do about it. There are very few people with my last name so my address would be easy to find if they so desired. My car is always in the school parking lot, too. It would be easy to see which car is mine.

Oklahoma leads in meth use, childhood poverty, and women in prison. Keeping our own kids safe and secure is a tough job! I always worry about people taking checks, credit card statements, boxes of checks, etc. from my mailbox. Looks like CR will have to really keep an eye on his mail. It's sad that he cannot trust his neighbor any more. Even more sad that the perpetrators get to keep using drugs or making meth (if they are) to sell to others....maybe even selling to children. What a tough decision!
    Peke
    Last edited by peke; 06-20-2010 at 10:39 PM. Reason: correction

Post Thanks / Like

I get some commission checks by U.S. mail. This is one reason I put up one of those square black locking mailboxes. I think it was around $90 at Lowes. It's a real pain to remember your key to unlock it and retrieve the mail, but after a while you kinda get used to it and remember to take the key when heading to the mailbox.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast