Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: legal at English Landing?

Post Thanks / Like

Question legal at English Landing?

I can't seem to find any info on the "official" MDC websites about fishing in Parkville from the banks of the Mighty MO at English Landing park. Anyone know - if my hubby and I show up poles in hand, are we safe to go? I don't have a boat, but there is a boat ramp, out of the way of those using the park for play. Can we fish there?

If not - I live about 10 min. north of English Landing, any other suggestions of a place nice and close that I can pop over to for a short evening (or morning) of relaxed fishing without a long-haul drive (30 min - haha) to Smithville or Platte City?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NorwayStacie View Post
    I can't seem to find any info on the "official" MDC websites about fishing in Parkville from the banks of the Mighty MO at English Landing park. Anyone know - if my hubby and I show up poles in hand, are we safe to go? I don't have a boat, but there is a boat ramp, out of the way of those using the park for play. Can we fish there?

If not - I live about 10 min. north of English Landing, any other suggestions of a place nice and close that I can pop over to for a short evening (or morning) of relaxed fishing without a long-haul drive (30 min - haha) to Smithville or Platte City?
    You can call the Kansas City Regional office at 816 655-6250 and get information about river accesses.

Birddogs54
    2005 Ranger 519 Yamaha 200

Post Thanks / Like

I see people fishing English Landing all the time... usually in the big eddy by the boat ramp. If you like river bank fishing, you might try the Platte River just 2 mi from where it joins the Missouri. Take FF out of Parkville, through Waldron to Farley. Turn right through Farley, go to Platte River Rd (On your right) follow the asphalt until you go down a big hill, turn right on the gravel rd...and you're at the Schimmel City Access. Catfish. Or you could just fish under the bridge just east of Farley (Not now, it's flooded).

English Landing is managed by Parkville... that's why it's not listed in the Conservation Atlas (though state wildlife regulations still apply)
    Last edited by ShortStorie; 06-16-2010 at 04:19 AM.