Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New to the forum and need some advice

tikicro Guest

Talking New to the forum and need some advice

Finally, after searching for a long time for some crappie fishing info, I find this site. Getting caught up on the saltwater side of things made me forget about my childhood days catching crappies and bass in my favorite pond back in Ohio. I've gone thru the site and read a majority of the articles to freshen up on my freshwater skills, and now the dilemma arises. I am the best man in my buddies wedding this March, and for his bachelor party, a few closes friends and I have rented out a cabin at Camp Lester during the second weekend in February to do some serious speck fishing. A coworker of mine recommended this place and tells me the fishing, at times, is great. Being between 2 lakes, Kissimmee and Hatchineha, we'd have several choices were to fish. Has anyone stayed here before and would like to share somethings that might be good for us to know? I've done the research and have found some maps of the lakes(depth and vegetation), but without giving away any secret honey holes, are there and places that we should definitely stop and check out? I've been told that we will be fishing the beginning of the full moon and the fishing will be quite good. Does this mean the early mornings will be better than the late mornings or vice versa, or even the afternoons? We've got specks on the brain, but we'll also be doing some bass fishing, is it easy to catch your own shiners? I hope you guys don'tmind all the questions, but we're just a couple of guys from Sarasota who want to drink some beer and catch some fish and have ourselves a good ole' time. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Camp Lester

No More Than They Sell Minnows For I Would Think It Would Be Easier To Buy Them
    The North Cove Of KISSIMMEE Has Always Been A Good Spot
    Last edited by frank lawhead; 01-18-2006 at 07:44 PM.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

tikicro Guest

Default North Cove

I've also heard that the North Cove area has been very productive. As I look on the map, since we are staying between Hatcheneha and Kissimmee, the short cut to get to North Cove is the pig trail. Is this a safe passage, meaning deep enough and free of tree stumps?