Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picked up ANOTHER new rod

Post Thanks / Like

Default Picked up ANOTHER new rod

:o Where does it stop? Anyway, we have been having to fish deep here lately and it is kinda hard to do with a 6' rod, especially with 3 people in the boat. So I was driving by BassPro this morning on my way to do a job, and I did have the Gift Certificate from xmas, so I stopped:D. Picked up a Wally Marshall crappie rod. 8' light with IM8 graphite shaft. Instead of buying another reel, I will just use my little Shakespeare Ultralight. Not sure how I will like a longer rod, but hopefully I will get to try it out this weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Thats the one I settled on looking at next time I'm by a bass pro. Let me know what you think? How much was it?
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

It was $49.99. They have them in various lenghts.

Post Thanks / Like

I got 2 of the 9' the last time I was by BPS. It is somewhat stiffer than the reg. B&M rods as far as I am concerned which I like plus the cork handles. I like it very well, fish normally with a rod in each hand, it is a little heavier also.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Man i'm losin it, was out it the utility shed pokin around and found 2 -12' B+M jig poles with Bucks Mini reels. Bought them in Popular Bluff 3 or 4 yrs. ago. Put em up on the top shelf and forgot about them. I don't know whether to be happy I found em or sad that I'm gettin so forgetful. Anyway Charger I got 2 new rods and did'nt have to shop hehe...izzy
    Last edited by izzysfishin; 01-18-2006 at 04:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the WM pro series in 8' with Quantum hypercast reels. I also use 12' sig series rods for visible brush and flooded timber in the spring. If you have another gift card I would give the hypercast reel a try. It is a trigger style spinning reel but the bail will trip in any position and has constant anti-reverse.
    Quantum Hypercast

Post Thanks / Like

Default I use the 7 foot model

I have used this rod in the 7' model and really like it till I broke the tip last year. Repaired it myself and is still a darn good crappie rod. They should be going on sale next month.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

It never stops I just bought 2 new rods a reels.Which one was a wally marshall cant wait to give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like

I have several in various lenghts and very pleased with all of them. I really like my 8' teamed with a BnM Mini Reel for wade fishing : its light and compact. After the spawn and they move back out swap out the reel for one of the WM spinning reels. And as a plus you cant beat their warranty.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you will be happy with with Wally Marshall Stuff - I like mine - for the money I think it is hard to beat
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast