Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Things are drying out in the tackle box

Post Thanks / Like

Default Things are drying out in the tackle box

Well, decided to dump the tackle box out and do some cleaning and rearranging. I have do do this about 3-4 times a year because I end up tipping the tackle box so many times during my trips it looks like a kaleidoscope of tube jigs and jig heads. As I was putting the tube jigs back I noticed some of them were a little dry. They surely don't feel like they did when I got them from the store. I was looking around the internet and didn't really see anything related to keeping tube jigs moist. I did come across something called worm oil that manufacturers use when they package their soft baits. Didn't really see the need to purchase their smallest product available (1 gallon). So I was wondering what you guys use to keep your soft baits, soft an moist.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

I use the bag style tackle boxes with interchangeable plastic boxes. The boxes seem to do a pretty good job of keeping the "moisture" in my soft plastics. Not sure about a conventional tackle box.
    Opinions are like A-holes, everybody has one and some stink worse than others!

Post Thanks / Like

Alex, Rogers sells some tackle boxes that are waterproof. I believe they are made by Plano. Anyway there are several models to choose from. One that would fit your bill has four good sized compartments, I keep all my jig bodies in the original packaging in a sealable baggie in one of these and they never get dried out. Open up the purse strings and buy one

Post Thanks / Like

Go to the following website. Bear will fix you up. Won't have to buy a gallon here.

BearsBaits

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Mineral oil works the best. Just a cap full

Post Thanks / Like

I try to keep my tubes and other soft plastics in the bags they come in . They keep longer that way .

Post Thanks / Like

I keep them in the bags they come in. Spray a little ainse in with them and seal them up.

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    Open up the purse strings and buy one
    Start asking women if you can borrow their purse to keep your jigs in!:D:D:D

Post Thanks / Like

spray a little bang on them. Put mine straight in the plano boxes and was turned on to this tip. It works.
    Outlaw Walleye and Crappie Poles (anglersmidwest.com guides and gear)
    MossBackRack.com
    Jenkins Nissan(813-420-0983)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adjust555 View Post
    spray a little bang on them. Put mine straight in the plano boxes and was turned on to this tip. It works.
    Vince, from one of his other posts about being single, long in the tooth and "on the hunt" I think "a little bang" is EXACTLY what he is looking for