Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Boscoe

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boscoe

I forgot about the trestle on the other side, I guess because I don't put in there because the ramp isn't the greatest.

I have found some promising stumps in front of the pink house on the left as soon as you leave the ramp at Smith I have casted some jigs with no resuls gues I haven't hit the right color yet but never bottom bounced shiners. The water ther is 5 to 7 feet depending on the lake level. I marked 8 to 10 fish on one stump tried a spinner bait no takers and the wind was pretty tough from the NE.

There is a fellow that fishes that bank almost everywekend with shiners he said he is getting some big cats and bass and has causght some crappie
    Vietnam Vet
    RECONATACRON-7,
    USS ENTERPRISE CVAN-65

Post Thanks / Like

That some of the stumps I was talking about, there are some more around the corner in the middle of the cove. As far as color we've had the best luck with somethimg with green or chartuse. Scott makes fun of my pink 1/80th jighead with a chartuse 1'' twister tail and silver crappie nible every time till I start catching the bigger ones then he switchs. I've been pinching the nibble on the hook shaft in front of the twister like a collar, seems to stay on longer and doesn't mess up the action of the twister tail.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boscoe
    That some of the stumps I was talking about, there are some more around the corner in the middle of the cove. As far as color we've had the best luck with somethimg with green or chartuse. Scott makes fun of my pink 1/80th jighead with a chartuse 1'' twister tail and silver crappie nible every time till I start catching the bigger ones then he switchs. I've been pinching the nibble on the hook shaft in front of the twister like a collar, seems to stay on longer and doesn't mess up the action of the twister tail.

Boscoe, do you let your crappie nibbles dry out a little before you pinch them on. I have the hardest time keeping them on.

Also stumps in the middle of the cove? Looking at the bank are they right or left? I also did OK once with a saltwater streamer under a slip float.
    Vietnam Vet
    RECONATACRON-7,
    USS ENTERPRISE CVAN-65

Post Thanks / Like

I take what I think I might use the night before and pu them in an old jar with the lid loose, then when I get there I put twenty or so on the seat to dry. When I put them on the hook I take 3 or 4 and knead them so the sparkles are worked through then pinch off a piece. using hair jigs I mash it around the thread at the base so even it falls off the sparkles and some of the white stuff is in the hair and is leaving a trail. Using twister tails I slide the tail back a little and mash it around the hook, then slide the tail up till part of the jig head is covered, same thing, if it falls off there is still a little left to leave a trail.
    Those stumps are kinda closer to the right bank, the only walleye I ever caught in Smith came from ther too.