Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Saturday Crappie Report ??

slabseeker Guest

Thumbs up Saturday Crappie Report ??

How did any of the members do Saturday? My wife and I went to Sardis Saturday and caught60. It looks like most of the females have already spawned. Since we mostly troll, it will be better for us when they start to move out. I would appreciate any info on how long it normally takes for them to start moving out into deeper water. It makes it rough when you are trolling and trying to fish that shallow taking the fish off and trying to bait up again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slabseeker
    How did any of the members do Saturday? My wife and I went to Sardis Saturday and caught60. It looks like most of the females have already spawned. Since we mostly troll, it will be better for us when they start to move out. I would appreciate any info on how long it normally takes for them to start moving out into deeper water. It makes it rough when you are trolling and trying to fish that shallow taking the fish off and trying to bait up again.
    Slabseeker, what area of the lake were you trolling in? I did not get a chance to go over the weekend, but I was out briefly between showers Friday and caught a few decent fish. All came from Clear Creek on jigs about 8' deep fished in cover. I tried several shallow spots that had produced in the past 2-3 weeks and did not catch anything.

slabseeker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pops
    Slabseeker, what area of the lake were you trolling in? I did not get a chance to go over the weekend, but I was out briefly between showers Friday and caught a few decent fish. All came from Clear Creek on jigs about 8' deep fished in cover. I tried several shallow spots that had produced in the past 2-3 weeks and did not catch anything.
    Pops we were fishing in Clear Creek on the east side near the standing timbers trolling in 8-10 ft of water fishing about 2-4 ft deep. Most of our fish were caught on the top hook. They weren't real big but only had to measure 3 or 4. My wife was fishing off the back with a jig and minnow and I was fishing with just a minnow on a 1/0 hook.