Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Norfolk, Greers Ferry, Bull Shoals ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Norfolk, Greers Ferry, Bull Shoals ?

I'm looking for some help. I've scheduled a vacation for the first full week in April and I want to fish in the North part of the state. My targets are Crappie and Walleye. What lake would be best at that time for both species? Since I've never fished any of them, I want to get started on my research asap. I appreciate any input! Thanks,

The Spoonplugger

Post Thanks / Like

I would check with Darrly Morris. You can find a link to his site on crappie.com. He used to guide up there and is a real knowlegable crappie guide. I just about garuntee he can answer any and all of your questions on fishing North Central Arkansas.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bull Shoals

I was their in Nov the lake was about 7 feet below normal pool it was very poor fishing I heard their in a dourght last I heard Bull Shoals was down like 10 feet from normal pool. But its early yet until April. Greg in Southern Indiana

Post Thanks / Like

Spoke to a friend the other day about that area and he said that all the lakes are very low. Henderson on Norkfork is more than half dry ground with boats and pontoon stranded everywhere.

Might give my buddy Troy a call. He owns a resort on Norfork, lives and fishes there, he'll know the details -- http://www.3oaksresort.com/

If your change you mind about north central arkansas, come on down to Hot Springs. Things are looking pretty good right now and we are really expecting 3lb. crappie this year. Day before yesterday, the first fish I caught was a 2.75/16.5 hawg.

Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Beaver Lake in NW Arkansas is a good spring location for Crappie and we now have walleye. The walleye are just now starting to get to keeper size after 4 solid years of stocking. I catch them often while crappie fishing in the spring. My link below has a few places to stay around the lake if your interested in this part of the state. Beaver is located west of Eureka Springs and just north of Fayyeteville. It is a White River lake like the others you mentioned.
    Good luck! If I can be of any more help feel free to call me at 479-640-3980.
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bull Shoals

I heard from a Bass fish guide that the lake is 11' under pool now and dropping. This lake is unlike others in the area, it has always yo-yoed up and down. Great time to walk the bank and look at the pole trees for fishing tackle. I am looking forward to the low water to look for others crappie beds abd what the lake looks like when at pool level.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

you've got it right CH. Now is the time to gain a wealth of lake knowledge.
    Been doing the same on Greeson and now it is coming up. It is going to be a great spring spawn and I'm going to pitch a jig on everytihng I see if I can remember them all. Guess I should take notes.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]