Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bassmaster Elites coming to Muskogee

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bassmaster Elites coming to Muskogee

The Bassmaster Elite series is coming to Muskogee this week. Practice fishing is June 14th-16th and the tournament is 17th-20th. Oklahoma will be well represented at the tournament. There are 11 anglers, out of the 93, that call Oklahoma home.

This is the final regular season tournament, before the postseason starts. Edwin Evers is in 2nd in the points and Terry Butcher is in 6th place. They both live in Talala and are brother-in-laws. Only the top 12 anglers in points after this weeks tournament will make the post season. Jeff Kriet of Ardmore is in 14th and Tommy Biffle is in a tie for 17th. They both can move up into the top 12 with good finishes this week. After this tournament the top 37 in points will have qualified for the Super Bowl of fishing, the Bassmaster Classic. These four are a virtual lock for the Classic to be held in New Orleans, sometime in Feb. 2011.

Also competing from Oklahoma is Bradley Hallman, Kenyon Hill, Fred Roumbanis, Mark Tyler, Vince Fulks, David Smith, and Scott Ashmore.

Weigh-Ins are scheduled for 3pm Thurs-Sun at Three Forks Harbor. There are a lot of family activities scheduled throughout the day on Friday and Saturday. Hope to see some of you there cheering on our fellow Okies. I will be there everyday except Wed.

Odie
    Common sense isn't always that common!

Post Thanks / Like

I am curious to see how these pro's do on the River with it a flowin and muddy like it is. It will be fun to see.

Does anyone know where next years sooner run is going to be?

Post Thanks / Like

Also, I think Kevin Van Dam was the Bass Pro Shops today. Since there was a recent thread about Dam jokes: Kevin Van DAM that guy can fish!

Post Thanks / Like

CrappieThug, they have not announced the 2011 schedule. There are no guarantees that there will be a tournament in Oklahoma next year. There was no Sooner run in 09. The area has to put up a pretty large sum of money to get the Elites to come to town. This year the City of Muskogee put up the money. They just bank on it taking in enough tax dollars to pay for the up front money. The city of Grove put up the money 2 years ago to have the Sooner run on Grand. I wish Eufaula lake could host a tournament or Texoma lake, both lakes are big enough to handle it. Anyone else coming to watch?

Odie

Post Thanks / Like

Tournament has been moved to Ft. Gibson Lake due to high water. Weigh -ins Thurs &Fri at Sequoyah State Park and Sat & Sun at Three Forks Harbor. Weigh -ins start at 330 pm each day.

Odie

Post Thanks / Like

Holy smokes, are you serious. I think that is awesome. I think Ft. Gibson is one of the best bass lakes in Oklahoma and I have always wanted to see a bassmasters tourney there. Hopefully some big stringers will be taken!

Post Thanks / Like

I had afton landing staked out and seen many there like Shaw Grigsby, Kenyon Hill. Iconelli , Ish Monroe . Arron Martins all took time to talk and shake hands I will be at Gibson at some point to check things out from what I could tell alot of guys were going to fish this pool one told me he had at least 18 lb that day I bass fish there alot and would like to know how they get the big uns to bite !!!!!!!!!!!!
    CrappieGeorge

Post Thanks / Like

From a spectator standpoint, is it just usually the weigh-ins that gather a crowd, or is there something to entertain people through out the day? I've only seen them on TV and condensing 5 days into 40 minutes of television keeps the action going. I've never been to one in person though.
    -Damon

Post Thanks / Like

Just heard the weigh-in is at Sequoyah Bay on Thurs. & Fri. not Sequoyah state park. Chance, on Sat.& Sun. they have entertainment most of the day. It will be at Three Forks Harbor in Muskogee. If any of you are going to watch them on the lake or go to the weigh ins let me know. I will be there everyday.

Odie
    Last edited by deerhunterodie; 06-16-2010 at 04:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Call me Odie I will be over there somewhere I most likely will be at the weigh in want to meet Cowboy in person he has been very nice to me helping me over the phone
    CrappieGeorge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast