Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LOZ -- Gravois Arm -- help needed

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ -- Gravois Arm -- help needed

Greetings!
    We moved off the water (Niangua) last year and plan on going out on the Gravois this week. Have only fished it once a few years ago. We plan on putting in at the launch off hiway 5 in Gravois Mills.
    Any help on where to fish in that area and jig color/fishing report would be greatly appreciated!

Husker
    the trick to catch that finnicky speck....
    gently set the hook just before the peck

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say hit the laydowns in Little Gravois or Indian Creek early and if that don't work than hit the docks.
    Monk

Post Thanks / Like

No brainer!!! Lake O is loaded with docks. Find the ones bedded, they all have fish, you just have to be out of the wakes of all the boats to fish them. Navajo Beach, great crappie cove. Golden Beach, great crappie cove. Find the right docks and you'll find the fish. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Fish some docks over the channel swings. Ive heard they are starting to bury up under there. U might try shooting some of the big commercial docks. They will probaly be in the shade. Good Luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by longliner View Post
    I'd say hit the laydowns in Little Gravois or Indian Creek early and if that don't work than hit the docks.
    Thats exactly where i'd start,fish the shallow wood on the flats in the back of little gravois or indian early and if they're not there then start looking for docks,up there brush is not as important as docks that provide lots of shade.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Shaddy side of docks in late afternoon. Troll near twin islands been catching some this way lately.
    will fish for food

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input, guys. Can always count on the great posters here.

Went out one day last week with a golfing buddy. We did okay, were not freezer fishing so we kept no fish. We caught a mixed bag--Several 10" to 12" crappie, several white bass and hybrids, couple of bass and a 3# channel cat among the nasty drum that loved our crankbaits. Sunny and hot, fished about 5 hours and did not get out early enough to find much shade as we fished from 8 to 1 pm. Some crappie were caught on the shady side of docks, but most fish were caught trolling cranks. Most were in 14 to 16 feet of water fishing with 8' to 10' running cranks. White was best, chartreuse nearly as good. There was no wind and the 2 mph trolling breeze felt good and not knowing the area, we covered a lot more water that way. Saw a lot of good water and will try and learn this part of the lake soon! Water seems to be a different 'color' than the Niangua Arm I am used to fishing, less green seems like to me.

Husker
    the trick to catch that finnicky speck....
    gently set the hook just before the peck

Post Thanks / Like

Less green and alot more clear thats one reason shade is such an important factor when looking for big fish up there,they definatly can be caught in open water but a good majority of the pound plus fish i've caught up there have been tucked away in the dark water of the docks,keep us posted.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie