Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: This mornings smile

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default This mornings smile

This mornings smile:

Look at the size of those mators.

I haven't had much time for the gardening and the picture taking but I thought I throw these up here for all to see. The harvest has been good and the vegies have been great. Okra is just starting to bear while the mators are fading.

"gene"

check out the okra leaves.

"G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

Gene.....looks like a little bread, mayo and bacon to go with the maters and you got the best summer sammige ever......I had one for lunch....don't let your okra get too big or it will be tough.....
    The "King" is coming
    This could be the Day....
    RETIRED LOUISIANA CRAPPIE HUNTER

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

had that for supper last night:D
    retired and now i will always fish

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Those are great pictures......but it looks like you have been using too much cow manure
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't grown anything in a while, so I'm sitting here sucking down a V8! LOL Looks like you sure have a green thumb though! Enjoy the rewards PPG!

Post Thanks / Like

PPG, Congrats on the garden. Looks like you are doing well with it. and as for the Okra plants, looks like some elephant ears, them things so big.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Paw Paw Gene, I am having trouble with my garden I've picked some peppers, tomators and egg plant but not much. Tomators are the worst I've ever grown, I lost 5 pepper plants and had to replant and my eggplants look like they were hit with some type of chemical. It's taken me 3 weeks to get them going after they were almost totally dead but my tomators have never recovered and I'm going to pull them out tommorow. I need to bring a soil sample in and see whats going on. It looks like your garden is doing well.
    A Bad Day of Fishing is Better Than a Good Day of Work!

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I do love my gardening. Things were harder this year to get growing. Although I made some nice tomatoes the quantity is down. All the wind we had earlier really hurt them by knocking off flowers. I had a nice short early crop of snap bean, it got too hot too early this year. Hoping the fall weather is better. Bob, I make my own cow manure. I bag freshly mowed grass clippings and set them in the sun for a month or two. When I open them I get hit in the face with that good ol' cow poop smell. It's wet and slimy at this stage. I dump it in the garden to dry and then till it in. It better than anything you can buy and it's free. It's turned my hard packed black clay into fine garden soil. By the way Mike, the figs trees are doing great. I want to try to make it to Mr. Richards in a few weeks when his figs are ripening to check them out. When I go, I'll give you a call.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiecatcher06 View Post
    I lost 5 pepper plants and had to replant and my eggplants look like they were hit with some type of chemical.
    There is alot of farm land around Iota, and the local farmers should have been flying 2,4-d on thier rice several weeks ago. 2,4-d will kill most broadleaf plants and with all the wind we had a few weeks back, 2,4-d, according to a guy that works with me that just got out of farming, can travel airborne for up to a mile, so it is very possible that part of your garden got zapped.
    You can't fish with a hung line!