Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mr. Crappie Line ??????

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Mr. Crappie Line ??????

Anyone ever used the Mr. Crappie line that BPS sells? I use the Stren high vis gold and noticed that Mr. Crappie is now making a high vis gold, just wondering if it would compare to Stren, before i ordered.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Pffft! on Mr Crappie

Last year, we cought a couple of WM UL reels that were spooled with Mr Crappie line. The hi-vis was nice and it's tough to break, but boy, the memory! We respooled with Trilene XT, but have since switched to 4# lo-vis XL and 6# Ironsilk in hi-vis green. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Don .........

I checked out a reel at my local tackle shop, a year or two back, that had Mr Crappie Camo Line on it (I believe it was a Wally Marshall reel, too). It felt like fine wire, more so than mono line ...LOL!! And Roberta is right - it acted like "wire" ........ serious memory !!
    I thought you were an "Ande" man ... don't they have some "hi vis" lines ? (or have you been getting flack from using their "pink" line ...LOL!!) They make a fluorescent yellow line and green line in the Tournament Mono ... plus: "envy green" (hi vis), pink, clear, dark green, and gunmetal in the Premium Mono. It's expensive line ... flurocarbon prices for monofilament line - but it does have IGFA records out the ying yang, so it must be good stuff .... LOL!!
    I've looked for a "colored" line, that was small diameter - abrasion resistant - low memory - and priced low enough that you didn't have to take out a loan to re-spool a couple of times a year. So far I haven't found one that meets all those criteria ...LOL!! BUT - IF I ever do, I'll certainly be on here in a heartbeat and telling everyone about it. ...luck2ya.....................cp