Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lodging For the TeeZur Tournament

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lodging For the TeeZur Tournament

Just called Fishtail Lodge to make reservations for the TeeZur tournament and they are booked up for that Friday night. They recommended the Dover Inn and they are booked up too. I left a message at Mansard Island but have not heard back from them.

Does anyone have any suggestions on other lodging close by? Apparently there are a lot of hunters booking all the rooms in the area.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Let me know what you find out Jerry

Hopefully someone can give us some heads up on where to stay that is good. Need someplace that we can park our trucks boat and trailer close enough to keep an eye on it from the room. Unless you want to carry everything inside for the night.

At 55 bucks a night that was a good deal.

If the weather is nice I may drive down for the tournament. I hope to catch a few more fish this time out. LOL. Now that I know where some of the secrete brush piles are located.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    Just called Fishtail Lodge to make reservations for the TeeZur tournament and they are booked up for that Friday night. They recommended the Dover Inn and they are booked up too. I left a message at Mansard Island but have not heard back from them.

Does anyone have any suggestions on other lodging close by? Apparently there are a lot of hunters booking all the rooms in the area.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I got room for you at my place if you want to stay free, that is except for food, beer, etc.

Cane Pole
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry, I called Mansard today and they said that they had a few rooms left. There are several motels and resorts in Paris and around the lake area. If you or any one else needs phone numbers, let me know. [email protected]
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Richard,

I booked a cottage at Mansard Island. How far is the campground where the weigh-in will be held from Mansard? Is the campground on the lake or is there another boat ramp nearby? I'd like to put in North of the powerline but will need to find a ramp as Mansard Island's is the only one I know.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    I got room for you at my place if you want to stay free, that is except for food, beer, etc.

Cane Pole
    Hey Cane Pole,

Thanks for the invite but I'll be bringing my partner Lee Roy and we plan to stay Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights so I don't think I could impose on you for that long but I do appreciate the offer.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Richard,

I booked a cottage at Mansard Island. How far is the campground where the weigh-in will be held from Mansard? Is the campground on the lake or is there another boat ramp nearby? I'd like to put in North of the powerline but will need to find a ramp as Mansard Island's is the only one I know.
    Hey Jerry,
    I talked with Kim this morning and told her you would be calling. The campfround is only about a mile from Mansard. I'm looking forward to seeing every one again this year. I can show you other ramps to put in that will get you closer to were you want to fish. Just let me know when you want to get together. I will be on the lake every day that week.
    Becareful driving down.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a boat ramp on Sulphur Creek? My Hot Spots map doesn't show one but it seems like Moose mentioned putting in there at a new ramp.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, there is a very good ramp there. They just put it in last year.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sulfur Creek Boat Ramp

Yes Richard showed me how to get to the boat ramp as Sulphur Creek from Mansard Island Resort. Thanks once again Richard. I may remember how to get there. The problem with the fishing hot spot map is that it calls all the roads in that are by the same name. Those roads "Antiock" are all the called Antiock Rd on the digital map. That makes it hard to know where you are located. I should have used my Garmin GPS to get a track log from the resort to the new boat ramp.

It's a great ramp and there is a good dock there too. Its located at the back Sulfur Creek on the South side of the Sulfur Creek Bay. It's not very far and only about a 5 minute to 10 minute drive by car, Unless you make a wrong turn. LOL

Maybe Richard can take us over there again to help us memorize the route to that ramp.

Jerry. How much did Mansard want for a cabin this time? If there are some left I may want to rent one for a few days too. I have been to Patoka three times in a row this last week. I drove 72 miles one way and back 72 miles in the same day to fish Patoka. And I did that three days in a row. Saturday I fished with Larry from Southern IN and I left my boat at home. Sunday I drove up by myself and took my own boat. I caught about 5 crappie Sunday and fished the Little Patoka River for the first time and launched at the ramp in that area. Monday I fished again but I fished the middle reaches of the Patoka River area just upstream from the new Osborn Ramp. The osborn ramp reminded me of the sulfur creeks boat ramp in that is was new ramp.

I have found a lot of mistakes on the Fishing Hot Spots Digital Maps and think that MapSource could do a much better job of quality assurance in making those maps for Garmin. However Monday I was able to use the Garmin Mapsource Fishing Hot spots map of Patoka Lake to find the old river channel while out on the water. The GPS map display on my eTrax Vista showed the bend in the creek channel and I was able to use the map display to maneuver the boat though all the standing timber to find the bend in the old river channel. The river channel is not very wide and it's hard to find. Also there is a old part of the river that got cut off and is now an oxbow channel and that is not shown on the FHS digital map. But the maps that I have that are much more detailed show that coming off the bend in that old river channel is two more river channels. That makes it hard to use the depth finder to find the actual bend in the river channel in all that standing timber. Much of the timber had the top of the truck only 6" or so below the water's surface. I ran up on about ten trees and got stuck as the bow of the boat went over the top of the tree and raised my boat up out of the water. Once I had to use the gasoline motor to back off the top of the tree. I was using the electric trolling motor in this forest and there was a 10 to 15mph wind and this area is out in the middle of this part of the lake and out in the direct path of the wind. It was hard fishing and I didn't catch but one darn fish the entire day. But the lake has turned over and the water is very dark and almost black in color in this area of the lake. I know that Patoka Lake has big crappie as I have seen them at the weighin for the Crappie USA Patoka Lake tournament this last Saturday. The winner had almost 10lbs of fish in this tournament. For this time of the year that is the most weight ever recorded for the fall tournament. Spring tournament weights run even more. Still this lake does not have the big crappie that KY lake has and that is why I always look forward to driving down to KY lake to fish.

Sulfur Creek will be packed with boats if there is a lot of wind and it's out of the South or North. It's a protected bay and there is a creek channel that runs though the south side of the bay. There is a known brush pile that was already taken over before I got there to fish last time. LOL. I had to maneuver around about 15 boats fishing that creek ledge.

And last year there were more cormorants fishing that fishermen. I say at least 30 cormorants were swimming and diving and chasing fish at the Mouth of Sulfur Creek. You know what they say. Find the fish eating birds and you will find the fish.

Looking forward to seeing some of you guys again if the Weather is not too bad. I won't be there is it's raining windy and too cold. I would love to fish for three days but not sure if that is possible to do these days. Money is tight.

Is there a boat ramp on Sulphur Creek? My Hot Spots map doesn't show one but it seems like Moose mentioned putting in there at a new ramp.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast