Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truman Limit number 2.... 6/10

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman Limit number 2.... 6/10

The lady and I got out on Thursday morning to hunt us down some crappie. we stoped and got bait like we always do right before we put the boat in. I always go to this bait shop they are always friendly and i have never had an issue with anyone. This time was different the person that took my bucket is not usually there when i go but thats just fine its the same store. well i ask for 5 dozen minnows and walk around to get a few other things while i was there. go back to the counter and pay for it all. throw it in the boat and make the short trip to the boat ramp. we get all the way to the first spot we wanted to try open the minno bucket to see 2 and a half dozen . now i know they heard me say i wanted 5 dozen because when i paid for them they hit the price button 5 times. needless to say i was not happy because i knew if they were hitting we would run out. what do you know in 2 hours at 9:30 we are out. we have 19 keepers and the bite was just getting good. so we went back to the ramp i jumped into the truck and drove to another bait shop that was near us and got more but asked him to please not short me because it already happened to me today once. he asked me what happened and where i got them so i told him and he said that bait shop called him when they opened and told him they were sold out. that would explain why i got shorted but made me mad that the person there had the nerve to still charge me for the full 5 dozen. anyways i got more minnows and headed back to the ramp jumped back on the boat and headed back to that same spot. on the way we had a hellicoptor i think its a blackhawk but not 100% fly by us and wave. he made a big turn and headed back to us. i quickly got the camera out stopped the boat took a couple quick pics and watched as he got right over us and climbed to a certain height turned sideways and few back down past us. was real cool to see. once he left we kept going till we got back fishing that spot around 10:25 and wouldnt you know it slowed way way down there. we got 2 more keepers there and decided to make a move. once we found another tree we liked at around the same depth we tied up and got a quick 7 keepers i mean quick. so as we are waiting to get the last 2 all of a sudden i see christy dive and land at the front half off the boat with her arms in the water i threw my pole down and went over to see what was going on as she told me a fish took her little 4 ft rod into the lake and she wasnt able to grab it in time.....LOL sucks we lost a pole was i got to say it was funny watching her hit the deck. so after those last 7 this tree seemed to be dead. i told her to reel up i wanted to try and move to the other side of this same tree since it was so big. once we moved to the other side and tied up we each put 1 pole in the water and we each caught a keeper!!!!!! good last move for sure. had our limit 30 crappie plus 1 catfish by 11:50. we packed everything up loaded the boat and headed home. we were hitting cedar and hardwood trees, we tried 15 FOW with no luck but once we moved out to 18 - 21 FOW thats when we caught them. they were 7-11 feet down. i could get one here and there with a jig but they like real live minnows if they were dead or just about dead the would not bite them. so was a great day we got to spend together and made it even better leaving the lake with a bucket full of fish. The 1 lesson for the day that i got was check everything you buy, i never did the first time before we left that baitshop because i have always trusted them. oh well we spent a little more than we wanted to but it all worked out in the end. sorry this post is so long i had to vent and wanted to tell our story.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a quality day. Congrats.

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice mess, but apparently she caught more because she in giving you the loser sign. Great Job!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the good report. Those are nice!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report and congrats on a good day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    Nice mess, but apparently she caught more because she in giving you the loser sign. Great Job!
    so thats what the " L " was for....... when i asked her she said it was for limit but it sounded like she was making that up.... LOL it all makes sense now.

Post Thanks / Like

Good work on a nice bunch of fish.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Nice , sucks about the minnows but looked like a good time for all.
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Heckuva story....glad it had a good ending!
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good day 'cept for the minnow and pole issue. Glad you and the Wife caught a limit each. I sure hope the Rock will give up a limit for me one of these days! Lately I can't keep the stinkin' Bass from gettin on my hook before the Crappie have a chance:o
    Ham Radio, the original wireless communications

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast