Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heads Up on buckets

Post Thanks / Like

Default Heads Up on buckets

I thought that I would share with you all a way to get some buckets for your condo's if buckets are sparse. Here's what you do.
    I'm willing to bet with everyone(almost everyone) that there is a Wally World within 15-30 min drive from your house. During the day go to the Bakery and ask to speak with the Deli manager. Once they come to you ask them if they would mind saving you their empty buckets they had their icing in. You may not believe me on this but this is where I got 20 3 gallon buckets. It also helps if you know someone there. I thought I'd share with you all a way to get ya some der buckets.

Chad A

Post Thanks / Like

Dang it swampdog, u told about my secret stash of getting buckets. Yes it does help to know someone also.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

It doesnt hurt to have a daughter-in-law that works where they make plastic buckets. Call me Mr. Lucky.

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Lucky
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

Another good place is behind any Car Wash. They use seven a half gallon buckets for all the chemicals such as soap, wax, cleaners, anti-ice etc. Found seven at two different ones the other day. Never thought I would resort to dumpster diving, but gotta do what you gotta do. With all the houses being built around here, I also cruise by and get any 5 gallon paint or sheetrock mud buckets. One more dandy place is dairy farmers. They go through a ton of BIG containers. Just cut them in half or in thirds and throw the middle third away. A guy last weekend loaded the whole back of my truck up and has plenty more. FATBOY

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Fatboy, you are right, I stopped to get my truck washed today and asked the owner of the car wash about some buckets. He had some 5 gal. plastic containers that soap comes in that he gave me. I explained what I wanted them for and he said he might do that at his dock on Tims Ford. He told me to stop in anytime if I need more. Later<>< <>< <>< <>< Jack

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear Jackllbass. Tims Ford is one of the places that I am gonna drop a few condos once I get through with Normandy and Woods Reservoir.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Fatboy I was over there about two weeks ago and it was 17 ft low. If you put out condos won't they be out of the water in the winter time where anyone could mess with them or mark them on GPS? Later<>< <>< <>< Jack

Post Thanks / Like

Not where I am dropping them Jackl, that is why I am dropping them this time year. If they can't see them now, they can't see them later.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a place here that does fund raisers for schools and churchs. They sell unbaked cookie dough. They get their eggs in 5 gal. buckets. Just another place to look for them at.
    Let's go fishing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast