Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pouring two colors

Post Thanks / Like

Default pouring two colors

When you make two color plastics; how do you do it? Do you open the mold and hand pour the tails, then close the mold and pour the body color? That is how I do plastic worms but those mold tails are much bigger and easy to pour. I don't know if I could do it that way with a crappie mold.

Post Thanks / Like

It would be very hard I think to do it that way by open pouring. I do it the hard and time consuming way. I shoot it one color and cut the tails and re-insert them and then shoot the other color. I then have to use the color I cut off for another jig. So it can be hectic and you may lose plastic that way. However it does work.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, That's a lot of plastic to put in the remelt bin!:D:D

Post Thanks / Like

yes it is and since I use a microwave it changes my colors upon remelt, so it is hard to keep consistant colors

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have trouble on the remelt. Put the used plastic in the pryex and pour a small amount of new plastic in also. Now just heat it up and add some more coloring to get it right.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought someone told me you could not add new plastic. I have not tried it. however if I remelt more than twice, my color changes and I cant add coloring to get it back right. I am still learning though.

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    It would be very hard I think to do it that way by open pouring. I do it the hard and time consuming way. I shoot it one color and cut the tails and re-insert them and then shoot the other color. I then have to use the color I cut off for another jig. So it can be hectic and you may lose plastic that way. However it does work.
    it definitely works without no problems .

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I am using Bears BBCP Ultra plastic (don't have to shake it up!) and also Lurecraft's 552 green plastic (safer for you from fumes) Now I don't mix plastics; I keep records on the zip lock bags as to the type of plastic, color mixture, and if I used softner. When I reuse plastic I add same type and have no problem. By adding some new liquid plastic I think it helps the old to remelt, also depending on how much new plastic you use the color could liten up; so I add a little color to get the shade I want. No problems in anyway!

Post Thanks / Like

Musky, I heard that new plastic is the real deal. Next time I order some i will definately try it out.

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MuskyGary View Post
    Yes, I am using Bears BBCP Ultra plastic (don't have to shake it up!) and also Lurecraft's 552 green plastic (safer for you from fumes) Now I don't mix plastics; I keep records on the zip lock bags as to the type of plastic, color mixture, and if I used softner. When I reuse plastic I add same type and have no problem. By adding some new liquid plastic I think it helps the old to remelt, also depending on how much new plastic you use the color could liten up; so I add a little color to get the shade I want. No problems in anyway!
    bears bbcp that is what we're using now I really like it is a little bit forgiving on heat.

www.bobsjigs.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast