Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturday smithville alert

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday smithville alert

Just saw on the news this morning,WP will be conducting checks in the little platte area from 11-2 saturday.Take a minute to double check your paperwork,fire extingusher,blah-blah-blah.

Ain't bashing the WP,but they don't give a whole lot of warnings,seems like if there is a violation they ticket.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

Thanks Cook. I am as legal as it gets and just for that reason I will be at a dirrerent boat ramp.
    Scott Platte City Missouri

Post Thanks / Like

The Water Patrol at Camp Branch will do a boat inspection and put a 2010 sticker on your boat. This inspection allows the Patrol to let you know what you need for your boat to be legal without getting a ticket, and if your boat passes, you get a sticker and nobody will inspect your boat for the rest of the year. Well worth it. Plus there is a young, cute water patrol office that helps with inspections. Won't mind getting stopped by her a couple of times a year.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apkape View Post
    The Water Patrol at Camp Branch will do a boat inspection and put a 2010 sticker on your boat. This inspection allows the Patrol to let you know what you need for your boat to be legal without getting a ticket, and if your boat passes, you get a sticker and nobody will inspect your boat for the rest of the year. Well worth it. Plus there is a young, cute water patrol office that helps with inspections. Won't mind getting stopped by her a couple of times a year.
    And she has a chip the size of Texas on her shoulder. I got a wife and two young ladies that work...nothin against women in the workplace. That woman is pretty full of herself......Barneyette if you will.
    Progressive Marine Insurance SUCKS!. If you hit a submerged object they will try to prove manufacturers defect....stay away from them.

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Alex you better nip it - nip it in the bud.

Post Thanks / Like

whip it-whip it good

go foward-move ahead

Post Thanks / Like

Ah............DEVO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    And she has a chip the size of Texas on her shoulder. I got a wife and two young ladies that work...nothin against women in the workplace. That woman is pretty full of herself......Barneyette if you will.
    There are two officers that patrol the lake, that gal and another guy. I've had my run-ins with the male officer more than once on the lake. Nothing serious. He's yelled some orders to me from his boat: turn on your lights before dusk, keep it slow in the no wake zone, etc. A couple of months ago, the male officer was at the boat docks. I stopped and talked to that guy for a while. Figured to make nice with the po-po. Turns out that he's a pretty nice guy. He told me that he took over at the lake in the 80's. Apparently the lake wasn't patrolled very well back then. The lake had a lot of problems with violators, drug dealing, theft, etc. He said that he's had to be a hard ass and be strict with the law to make the lake a more safe and family friendly place. So, I was OK with that. Now, when I pass this officer on the water, I always get a wave from him. I've passed the gal more than once and I've waved and got one back. Hope to catch her on the shore one day; I'd sure like to talk to her. Or maybe I rip off my 2010 inspection tag and go get another one. :D
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apkape View Post
    Hope to catch her on the shore one day; I'd sure like to talk to her. Or maybe I rip off my 2010 inspection tag and go get another one. :D

That right there is funny!

Post Thanks / Like

I took my boat to Camp Branch last Saturday to get a safety inspection. The water patrol (man) informed me that every other Saturday was not for safety inspections, it was for titling issues so that the people can make it to the liscense bureau and get their boat, trailer, motor titled etc. The website said that the inspections were from 9-10 am, but when I got there they had changed it to 10-11. He arrived about 10:30, but someone came up about 10:15 to let us know about the changes. The man was nice enough to give me a safety inspection anyway and I appreciated that since I had been waiting from about 8:30. He was in a hurry to get the others done so they could get to the liscense bureau. I can only imagine the crap that he has to go through in his job. He was nice enough, but I wouldn't want to meet him during a "bad" day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast