Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spinnerbaits Color Question

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Spinnerbaits Color Question

I just made these guys.They are 3/8 oz. tied with floresant yellow chartruse bucktail.tried one out last weekend and it ran straight and true.Like a size 4 and size 2 fluited blades.Had a god bass on and from chucking against the rocks and stuff my 8 lb. test broke off.Got a big boy rod going along next weekend.I want to know for you bass guys out there.If you had the same head and a wide assortment of fluted blades,What colors would you use in a little tiny bit stained water?Green not brown at all though.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "Garden Hackler"lol

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink azslab ....

I subscribe to the Bill Dance spinnerbait color ideology ..... "any color is the right color, as long as it's blue & chartreuse" :D

And, there is some method to the madness, here Blue is visible to great depths, and in dirty water - Chartreuse is visible in dingy/dark water, but also works well in clear water. The contrast of the two colors, also works in combination ... because it contrasts (with one or the other, or both colors) against a range of background shades.

Good lookin 'spinnerbugs' ... but, I'd never throw them on line smaller than 12lb test :D

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Well,blue and chartruse it will be for the next one.And no more 8 lb. test for me either.lol.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite spinnerbait colors to throw are; white, chartreuse, and black. Also, one of my best producers is a bait that has about 4 blades total down the frame. They decrease in size as they get closer to the bait.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a good looking bait but I have a question on the swivel. It looks like a standard barrell swivel and not a ball bearing swivel. Is that correct? If so, I think you will find that the bait will be 10 times better with a ball bearing swivel. The blade will spin so much better. I won't even throw a spinner bait without one. They cost a little more but well worth it. Still, a good looking bait though. I like those blades.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a ball bearing swivel.These are 3/8's and they go really straight,I'm in the middle of one right now with 3 fluted brass blades,just to see if it still runs good.Of all the colors here in Arizona Grey seens to be best for me anyway.That's what I'm tying up right now.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azslabber View Post
    That's a ball bearing swivel.
    Oh.. ok. I would have swore that was a barrel swivel. I've never seen a ball bearing swivel straight like that.

Post Thanks / Like

These I got from Grandpa Bob,they move the blade very well with the slightest of movement from the rod tip.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget your white as someone else suggested and great looking lures!

Post Thanks / Like

I have painted a couple heads up the other day.I have 2 done in white,I have every color bucktail,but white,lol.I've got one that I painted that looks exactly like a 3/8 oz. bluegill.I'm going to tie it today and put a size 4 fluted blade on it.I might just hang it on my wall,Ha.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast