Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super Slab Series - Truman Lake Challenge - June 12, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Default Super Slab Series - Truman Lake Challenge - June 12, 2010

Become a part of the action this Saturday - June 12, 2010 at Truman Lake. The Great American Crappie Challenge is getting bigger and bigger every day. The trash talking has already begun, so register in person from 3-8 PM tonight or tommorrow night to see if you have what it takes to be the next Challenge Champion. Over 50 paychecks will be up for grabs!!!

Registration and Check-In will be 3-8 PM tonight at Tightwad Bait and Tackle. Tommorrow you will have two choices on where to register - 3-8 PM at Bucksaw or 3-8 PM at Osage Mini Mart in Warsaw. The registration and check-in will only take a few minutes and we can answer all your questions at that time.

The Awards Ceremony will be at Bucksaw at 5:30PM on Saturday. Also for those participating and those who just want to follow the action, tune your radio to KAYQ The Lake 97.1 FM for live broadcasting from the Treeceman every 20-30 minutes with updates on the winning weights, Challenge announcements and information from our great sponsors.

We look forward to seeing everyone on the water, please be safe this weekend.

Andrew Renken
    Name:  SSS_Logo_email.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  23.6 KB

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone fishing this? I was going to but have been working 13 and 14 hour days the last two weeks and did not get any prefishing in.

Post Thanks / Like

If it was drive down, pay, fish, I would have liked to fish it.

Good luck to any members that fish it.

Post Thanks / Like

What about us poor souls who have to work nights??

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. Or if you live an 75 miles away. It makes it a bit difficult unless you live real close. I'd have 2 times the entry fee wrapped up in gas before I ever hit the water. If it only takes a minute, why not do it the morning of.

On a side note, I recall the LOZ one, but never noticed any details on the payouts for each of the prizes. That would make a difference to me in deciding weather to fish it or not. Looks like a lot of money given away if you look at the flyer, but also is based on 400 entries. That's a whole bunch of people.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Around a 100 people in it. So should pay ok. Last radio update I heard said that a 1.93 was leading. A 1.58 won the second time slot. They also said that someone not fishing the tournament brought a 3 lb fish to the Tally weigh in spot.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks from all of us at Super Slab Series

Yesterday started out for us on a very sad note and we all have his family in our thoughts and prayers. For more details and updates, please contact the guys at the Captial City Crappie Club as they will be the first to know any information.

As for the rest of the Challenge, the turn out was great for our first event and we look forward to making the Challenge even better next year. After three Challenges have been completed, we have learned that anglers must experience it once before they truly understand the strategy involved. It the anglers that have fished it once that can help explain the concept and we hope that leads to increased numbers for next year. The more entries we have, the paybacks go up.

Yesterday we paid back well in excess of 100% of the entry fees in cash and prizes. The results postings should be available online later this afternoon. www.superslabseries.com

TOP THREE OVERALL

1.93 Mike Randall
    1.66 Charlie Rogers
    1.58 Paul Alpers

Andrew Renken
    Super Slab Series

Post Thanks / Like

Guess our questions weren't worth answering?

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Default My appology ...

Guys -
    I had read through all of your questions and fully intended to answer them with my last post, but I got side tracked as I was putting in information about the Challenge...

As for registering the morning of the Challenge... this is an issue that we recognize and are addressing. Our problem stems from the software that we had written to run the three simultaneous weigh-ins and our ability to allow people to register at 6:30 AM at one location and getting that information loaded into the software at the two other locations that maybe 50 miles away by 7:00. We are working on this and hope to have an answer that will allow more people to participate next year.

At the Truman Challenge, we did have registration at Bucksaw on Saturday morning from 5:00 - 6:30 AM, but the limitation was that you had to weigh-in at Bucksaw and not at our two other locations (as you would only be in software at Bucksaw).

I appologize again for not previously addressing your question, it was an oversight on my part.

Thanks and we look forward to seeing you next year.
    Andrew Renken
    Super Slab Series

Post Thanks / Like

Only suggestion I would have Andrew is do 2 weigh in times and increase the payouts. More fishing and less running. Had a good time though and look forward to next year.
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast