Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: nj fishing reports

Post Thanks / Like

Default nj fishing reports

since the new jersey state forum is here i thought i'd try to grab the attention of everyone fishing new jersey.. i'd like to get anyone in here talking about all the freshwater fishing in new jersey and share what we are catching and where..

I've been out fishing with a friend since the beginning of the season and so far we have hit

Lake Pemberton, Pemberton twsp. - bluegill, crappie, largemouth, perch, trout
    Stafford Forge, Tuckerton - Bluegill, pickerel, largemouth
    Wells Mills, Waretown - Bluegills, pickerel, largemouth (gills here are huge)
    -- Waretown Lake - Waretown - I'm saying this lake because we fished it twice this year but they drained it and its rather small .. i dont think its recovering very quickly.
    Lake Shenandoah, Lakewood - this lake is not very productive, must need a boat or something. i think my friend caught a perch.
    Lake Carasaljo, Lakewood - perch, crappie, largemouth
    Mirror Lake, Browns Mills - crappie, largemouth, bluegill

when i list the fish, they are basically in order of frequency of catch.. in most cases the first two are swappable depending on the lure you are using..

I also visited ramapough reservation park and fished there.. it was a bit earlier and just warming up. i saw lots of perch swimming around at the shoreline and caught a few bluegill.. it was a windy day and i was having a little bit of trouble casting into the wind and i was trying to stay near my family with the kids and such. all in all it looks like a prospective perch lake but very shallow, i dont expect to see crappie in there.. but maybe some bass if i try harder.

Post Thanks / Like

downer,

Where is Mirror Lake located? I'm in NY and mostly fish saltwater in Jersey. Have only fished freshwater a few times.

Post Thanks / Like

Mirror Lake is almost straight out west of Seaside Heights. Depending on where you are in new york mirror may be more than a day trip for you.

If you wanted a recommendation on a new jersey freshwater body i'd point you more toward Monksville Reservoir. At least Monksville has been stocked with walleye since 1988. I havent personally fished there so i cant speak for its shoreline access and you may need a small boat but even greenwood lake is a great place too which has NY access too.

Here is google maps link to monksville and NW of monksville you can see Greenwood Lake.
    monksville nj - Google Maps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    Mirror Lake is almost straight out west of Seaside Heights. Depending on where you are in new york mirror may be more than a day trip for you.

If you wanted a recommendation on a new jersey freshwater body i'd point you more toward Monksville Reservoir. At least Monksville has been stocked with walleye since 1988. I havent personally fished there so i cant speak for its shoreline access and you may need a small boat but even greenwood lake is a great place too which has NY access too.

Here is google maps link to monksville and NW of monksville you can see Greenwood Lake.
    monksville nj - Google Maps
    Thanks for the link. I'm in Queens, NY. When saltwater fishing it takes me a little over an hour to drive to Belmar or when going to the races at Englishtown . Perhaps one day (God willing) I'll make the trip.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

the bite is off.............. I need spring to get here

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still catching Crappie down here, but they are biting soft. Today was a little too windy for me so I'm not fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

The bite really slowed this week down here on delmarva alot of spots are iced up, hopefully it will get back right we usually get em good all winter.