Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tubes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tubes

I got some tubes from BPS and it looks like they have salt on them. I just got some more tubes and they are pkg in ziplock bags they feel oily should I put salt on them when I take them out of the bags and put them in plastic boxs?

Post Thanks / Like

To answer your question, I will give you my experience with salt. Some people make the baits with salt in them and some people add salt to them after they are made. If I were going to do salt, I would have it added while the bait is made. I do not like salt for several reasons. The main reason being you do not want any leadheads laying around the salt baits or in the same box. The salt will rust your hooks. Some people love salt, but I dislike it. I would just leave them as they are and save the mess.

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    To answer your question, I will give you my experience with salt. Some people make the baits with salt in them and some people add salt to them after they are made. If I were going to do salt, I would have it added while the bait is made. I do not like salt for several reasons. The main reason being you do not want any leadheads laying around the salt baits or in the same box. The salt will rust your hooks. Some people love salt, but I dislike it. I would just leave them as they are and save the mess.
    I agree with you 100%.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

+1
    Midsouth Tackle Pro Staff
    www.midsouthtackle.com
    Ozark Rod Pro Staff
    Cumberland Crappie Equipment Pro Staff
    www.cumberlandcrappie.com

You can contact me at:1-501-231-3374

Post Thanks / Like

And now I know why the hooks on my lead-heads in my jig box are starting to get rusty... I have several different Yum products and all have salt...

Good question and good info!
    -Damon

Post Thanks / Like

Default Salt

I agree too. Bake it in or forget it. It does nothing for the bait after a few minutes in the water, when it's just sitting there on the surface of the plastic. Further, adding salt was originally intended to make the plastic sink faster; had nothing to do with providing a "salty" taste. JMO.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Use the tubes to line the rim of your margarita glass. Then fish 'em clean.

Post Thanks / Like

I like that idea charles

Post Thanks / Like

Add me to the no salt!!!!!!! Rusted a bunch of jig heads and couldn't figure why until I read the bag of bodies "Contains Salt".

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Alot of people do not know that the salt will rust there jigs. It is also very messy and almost impossible to clean it all out if you wanna re-use the box.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast