Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Loz 6-09

Post Thanks / Like

Default Loz 6-09

Fished Big Niangua arm yesterday with a Korean vendor of mine. I have taken him bass fishing before but not crappie fishing. glad we used artificial or he would have eaten the bait. Caught roughly 50 or so keepers. Best 30 were all 10 inches and over with several big black crappie in the 13.0 to 13.5 inch range. Turned most of them back. Caught all of them on 1.5 inch tube jigs, 1/32 oz weight inside the docks above the 54 bridge. Bigger ones were the farthest up the river and were on flat docks no deeper than 6-8 ft. fish were as far back in the dock stalls as you could get. lots of fun getting them out.

Post Thanks / Like

Great job, it must of been a fun day hauling all those fish in. I'm supprised none of the boat dock owners got mad from you sneaking in on there honey hole.

Post Thanks / Like

not a lot they can do if you stay off the docks and in your boat. It is not their water. Long poles often do the trick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Carp View Post
    not a lot they can do if you stay off the docks and in your boat. It is not their water. Long poles often do the trick.
    was actually shooting the jig into the back of the slip. left quite a few hanging on lifts, ski ropes, tarp straps, etc. guess i ought to try braided line