Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If I Fished For Shrimp or Oysters

Post Thanks / Like

Default If I Fished For Shrimp or Oysters

and I made my living fishing from the waters of the gulf, I'd be converting my boat into a tanker and be sucking up oil everyday while its there this summer.

I'd have a large storage tank on shore and see how many times I could fill that rascal up with free oil. Even if I got below market price........say, $50 per barrel, it sure would be a lot better than sitting around boo-hoo'ing because I couldn't catch and sell shrimp.

Of all the critters in the animal kingdom there is only one creature that has self-pity and feels sorry for itself: Man
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

Post Thanks / Like

Yyyyeah, but when one kills an ocean, one should feel sorry himself.... no liberal or conservative bs about this, we are killing an ocean, in my uninformed opinion.

Also, I think that being able to feel sorry and have pity are what makes humans, of all the creatures on Earth, unique. As far as we know, we're the only living things that are aware of our existences. Except for a crappie, he dam sure knows he's alive when he gets thrown in a basket or on a stringer or in a livewell.
    "Mister, I love the way you wear that hat."
    "You don't know nothin'."

Post Thanks / Like

All the more reason to jerk crappie jaws this year to save the high price of shrimp. Slap dem fillets in shrimp boil and slather them wit cocktail sauce. This will undoubtably be the worse environmental disaster the world has ever seen.

Post Thanks / Like

Tragic for alot of folks down there, their way of life is over. Here's something to chew on....It has been noted that BP was told to halt dispersants not because of environmental issues but because it lowers their liability cost per barrel, As they cant accuratly estimate the total barrels spilled as the dispersants hide 1/2 or more of the total spill.
    "Never Fry Bacon Naked"

Post Thanks / Like

I just heard a while ago on some TV news show that the Feds have confirmed today that there are oil plumes under the surface of the Gulf. Of course, News channels and other people have been saying this for over a month, not to mention the video's and pictures that were taken of the plumes before, but it took Uncle Sam a while to catch on. Go figure.

Post Thanks / Like

Over a month ago Russia gave us the solution, had used this solution to stop similiar oil leaks in the old Soviet Union: Nukes

When I first heard this I thought how insane it would be to use a nuclear weapon to stop the flow of oil. Now that I've seen the gunk\gook washing up on the shores of the gulf coast, I think now it should have been tried.

It'd be like stomping the heel of your boot on top of an entrance to the red ant hill. Collapse the entrance and the red ants are trapped.

Russia used nukes not once, but on at least two occasions related to underwater oil blow-outs and they used nukes for engineering reasons also.

AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it a fairly simple containment for at least 80% of the oil. After listening to the gentleman who called into a talk show and said 8 bolts were all that held the top of the blowout preventer cuttting them off and at the ready a new top section lowered into posistion and bolted down with a quick connect and attatched pipe going up to the tankers. Sounds good in theory until you try it 5000' down!
    I worked for Baker Oil Tools in BA and we manufactured tubing mounted fail safe flapper safety valves. This well never had the tubing ran so that safety device was never installed.
    Last edited by The Lip RIPPERS; 06-08-2010 at 06:56 PM. Reason: addition
    "Never Fry Bacon Naked"

Post Thanks / Like

I think folks will be surprised out how fast Mother Nature cleans things up.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Reaper View Post
    I think folks will be surprised out how fast Mother Nature cleans things up.
    I sure hope so...this is a horrible disaster!

Post Thanks / Like

Hurricane season is here, take a couple of tropical storms and kick in a hurricane or two, it'll disperse the oil in a matter of weeks.

Prince William Sound has recovered and it took a higher concentration of oil in one whack. Beaches can be cleaned and more pelicans-wildlife will return.

This just gives the environmentalists an excuse to boycott offshore drilling from here on out. And as long as we have a liberal president that is manipulated by the liberals, I doubt if there will be anymore offshore drilling in the near future.

We can buy more oil from the Arabs.:rolleyes:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast