Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody Used Rope Lighting In Their Boat?

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Anybody Used Rope Lighting In Their Boat?

I'm planning on doing some heavy night fishing this summer and need to light my boat. I'd like to have at least a livewell light and a light in the compartment I store most of my tackle in but I also thought it would be cool to have courtesy lights in the form of led rope light. I don't know if this is practical or if I just like the looks of it but I'd like to try it out given it produces enough but not too much light and that it draws little power. Anybody have this or know of someone who has them?

Post Thanks / Like

JM, I've not used it, but have it in several places in my home for ambient or mood lighting. It would be AWESOME around the inside perimeter of your boat. Just enough light to see what needs to be seen, and a great "look" for your boat. GREAT idea. Keep us posted on the end result.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scout-j-m View Post
    I'm planning on doing some heavy night fishing this summer and need to light my boat. I'd like to have at least a livewell light and a light in the compartment I store most of my tackle in but I also thought it would be cool to have courtesy lights in the form of led rope light. I don't know if this is practical or if I just like the looks of it but I'd like to try it out given it produces enough but not too much light and that it draws little power. Anybody have this or know of someone who has them?
    Link to info on another website (hope this is OK)
    http://www.north*******************s...picID=32525152

Blue Water LED
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

like the ones at most mexican resturante. I wonder if they are water proof?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Try this

Post Thanks / Like

Default From an old thread

You might pm CrappieKillerJigs....this was from an older post.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:23 PM
    Crappie.com 1K Star General - Sponsor

i have 10 led light strips in my boat witch makes night fishing and early mornings nice on the water...getting ready to add a full sound system in it this fall...but thats as far as it will go because its a fishing boat
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles Pro Staff
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have several led light strips around the rails of my pontoon for night fishing. To me, it blinds me somewhat when watching my poles. You can see your poles in the water better when the leds are off. But they look good riding on the lake at night.

Post Thanks / Like

I have bluewaterled lights in all compartments on trailer and lights on decks front to back. You cant drop a hook and not see it on my rig. The bluewaters are exceptional lighting to any boat. If you look around you can find a 10% off discount code somewhere. They ship from indiana and Mike and Lucy are great to do business with. Starting on a project posted by waterdog101 to add 800 more leds to my rub rail for full coverage.

Post Thanks / Like

forgot to mention you can add a pwm(pulse width modulator) dimmer to dial in the mood or even goto a rf(radio frequency) switch to do it all remotely if you like, whatever your flavor. The sky is the limit with solid state technology.

Post Thanks / Like

I put rope lighting inside my boat, just under the gunnel (alum boat). The light shines down and not into my eyes. Works good for night fishing, tying hooks and lures. I got mine from an auto supply store, it's 12v and waterproof. I put a waterproof switch on it, I can turn it on/off from my front seat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast