Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shallow fish on loz

Post Thanks / Like

Default shallow fish on loz

hey fellas its been a while i have had computer problems for a while so i finally gave up but i got it fixed who knows for how long.I was putting out brush a couple weeks ago and the wind was terrible so i headed back to the ramp and one of my stake beds was out of the wind so i tried it and caught a limit in short order the bed is in 6ft of water so needless to say i have been fishing the shallow stuff since.I went last friday and got a limit of 12 inch fish on stake beds in 4 to 5 ft of water mostly blacks.I really dont know why they are there the water temp is 40 and down the lake less than mile it was 42 all i can figure out is the shad must have been there.Just when you think you have crappie figured out they pull a fast one on you i guess a person needs to fish with an open mind year round.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

good job bugman!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. I was at the cabin this weekend and only caught a few small ones off the dock. Wish I had your luck.
    JoyJoy
    Lake of the Ozarks
    46 mm

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JoyJoy
    Wow. I was at the cabin this weekend and only caught a few small ones off the dock. Wish I had your luck.
    Lucks got nothing to do with it...That ole Bugman knows where Crappie sleep, eat, and play...on LOZ. Hell...he knows that Lake so well...I think he's part Crappie...He'll probably get rid of his poles here in a few years, and just catch them by hand!

Post Thanks / Like

Bugman glad to see you made it back online.

One problem is the fish are on so many differnent patterns you might just never know where you might find them right now. I know you can hit one dock with brush and catch nothing, move to the one right next to it and just pound them.

Bugman what the water color up on that arm? Main lake is really clear, 3'-5' visiblity. I sure wish it would dirty up to about 6"-12" visiblity fishing would be so much better, in my opinion.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Well I guess Bugman will have to teach me a thing or two about fishing LOZ. I have been pleased with the fishing off the dock but we have a boat now so I need to get out and explore some new fishing spots. Any help is appreciated. I fished a lot with my dad growing up and forgot how much I loved it until we got the cabin a few years ago.
    JoyJoy
    Lake of the Ozarks
    46 mm

Post Thanks / Like

Default dock

oh joyjoy, if I only had a dock and a place to stay on that end of the lake..........dont think I would leave the water. Best advise I can give ya is pick a stretch of bank drop the trolling motor in the water and watch the graph, mark the brush that everyone else puts in the lake (thanks bugman) and try that a couple of trips without going back to the same spot everytime and I think you will have enough spots to make a day of good fishing in no time. Best of luck

Post Thanks / Like

the water is stained on the flat that i have been fishing it is clear above and below it i guess all the wind we have had lately is stirring up the mud. joy joy i have been wanting to learn that part of the lake let me know and we can plan a trip. I am going out today to put out more brush and i will send outlaw the coordinates ha ha.If anyone wants to help with brush and get some new spots let me know.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

This is the first year that I've been catching them in very shallow water in the winter.Maybe I've just never tried it before.Usually it freezes up too early to try it,but this year was different near K.C.

Post Thanks / Like

There was a short period of time back in Oct and Nov when the fish where real shallow behind docks. Boy was it a blast, it was almost like fishing the spawn.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast