Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: truman today

Post Thanks / Like

Default truman today

My son and I hit Truman today for a few hours. Unfortunately, not too much good news to report. Folks that were loading as we were unloading said they had done real good, but we just couldn't seem to find them in any great numbers. Did pick up several shorts and a few keepers. Were concentrating on cedar trees in 20 +/- FOW between Bucksaw and the Hwy U bridge, and fishing all depths; could not seem to pattern them where we were fishing. Tried several colors and nothing stood out, all of the ones we did catch were caught on jigs with chartruese skirts. Sorry, wish I could be of more help, just wasn't our day for catching. Weather was great, slightly windy but certainly not a problem. Prolly lost 25 jigs today, but oh well, that's part of it.

Below is my son with our 2 best fish, the one on the left went about 14 1/5 inches so we were pretty happy about that. Best part of the day for him was the new Bucksaw Marina hat that he got!

Good fishing all!

We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default any day fishing with your son

has to be a good day, catching a lot of fish just makes it even better..... sounds like you had a good one....... 14+" is a toad........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch there!!!

Post Thanks / Like

That's another memory that will last a lifetime. Take the time to make as many as you can. Your son's smile says it all.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

14.5 is a NICE 1 and I like the hat

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it
    From an old movie I saw

Post Thanks / Like

nice hat for sure and nice fish, glad to hear you and your son were able to get out and spend some time together and catch some fish on top of it all.

Post Thanks / Like

good day for sure, that boy sure looks happy,got to go fishing and caught fish, nice

hope y'all have many more trips to remember.