Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Crappie.Com has done for me

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What Crappie.Com has done for me

I've read a lot of posts on crappie.com ; maybe a 1/100th of what most of the moderators have read.
    There have been posts with great fishing info, pictures that brought me smiles, stories that brought tears, people with good hearts, trolls that look for trouble and I could go on and on.

My own personal and humble opinion is that this is indeed the very BEST fishing site bar none on the internet.
    Why is that?

#1- We have an owner that is a CLASS act. He tolerates and is laid back, yet demands a family oriented site. Ed has my utmost respect and admiration. I'd let him sell me about anything I had money to buy and could use. I believe his words. His actions back them up.

#2- The members of crappie.com- Almost everyone on here is here because of what this site is and each propagates it with their unselfish, caring, humorous and informative posts. We have some of the most awesome people on Earth right here on crappie.com! If I named names, I'd bet they wouldn't have thought their's would be on the list.

#3- Our Moderators- While the thanks and rewards are few to none, I for one, appreciate them and the time they have to put into making this good for everyone. Right, wrong or indifferent. Thank you for what you do for the site.

Do I always agree with the posts made or the moderations done.. nope. However, Do I expect everyone to agree with my own posts always? Do I want those that don't agree to get on here and hurt my feelers because they don't? I gotta tell ya, I have tender feelers!

This post is to reflect three things...

A- I absolutely love Crappie.com

B- I appreciate that we are all human, with emotions and imperfections.

C- I want to thank EACH one that is a part of crappie.com for their contributions. Be it, money to help Ed with the site, posts made for me to enjoy or learn and moderations made to make it safe for my children and enjoyable for me.

I had the pleasure to enjoy the company of a few crappie.commers this weekend. I never thought my husband would join me in that. He did. As a family, we had an absolutely wonderful weekend..thanks to many people here and crappie.com.

Can't get better than that!!
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously, you brought a tear to my eye.

And yes, this is the best fishing site on the net, and it's just going to get better. Anchorpuller, you see this thread:
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/main-...e-conduct.html

With the conclusion of that thread, and an official documented Code of Fishing Conduct, promoting the code to our youth, and following that code ourselves, we will walk the talk, and make our waterways a better place for us humans, and the fish we pursue. I really do believe that.

So it's going to get better, and better, from here on out.

Thank you Anchorpuller, for all your kind words.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Laura--You have a way of putting the words in the right order--I agree 100% with what you ssaid---
    PS been a while since I,ve seen you on here--Starting to wonder about you
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

hit the nail on the head.....

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Anchorpuller
    You have submitted words of wisdom and spirit the direction the forum is taking.
    Making new friends across the shores and lakes and states.
    May we forever be thankfull.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anchorpuller View Post
    I've read a lot of posts on crappie.com ; maybe a 1/100th of what most of the moderators have read.
    There have been posts with great fishing info, pictures that brought me smiles, stories that brought tears, people with good hearts, trolls that look for trouble and I could go on and on.

My own personal and humble opinion is that this is indeed the very BEST fishing site bar none on the internet.
    Why is that?

#1- We have an owner that is a CLASS act. He tolerates and is laid back, yet demands a family oriented site. Ed has my utmost respect and admiration. I'd let him sell me about anything I had money to buy and could use. I believe his words. His actions back them up.

#2- The members of crappie.com- Almost everyone on here is here because of what this site is and each propagates it with their unselfish, caring, humorous and informative posts. We have some of the most awesome people on Earth right here on crappie.com! If I named names, I'd bet they wouldn't have thought their's would be on the list.

#3- Our Moderators- While the thanks and rewards are few to none, I for one, appreciate them and the time they have to put into making this good for everyone. Right, wrong or indifferent. Thank you for what you do for the site.

Do I always agree with the posts made or the moderations done.. nope. However, Do I expect everyone to agree with my own posts always? Do I want those that don't agree to get on here and hurt my feelers because they don't? I gotta tell ya, I have tender feelers!

This post is to reflect three things...

A- I absolutely love Crappie.com

B- I appreciate that we are all human, with emotions and imperfections.

C- I want to thank EACH one that is a part of crappie.com for their contributions. Be it, money to help Ed with the site, posts made for me to enjoy or learn and moderations made to make it safe for my children and enjoyable for me.

I had the pleasure to enjoy the company of a few crappie.commers this weekend. I never thought my husband would join me in that. He did. As a family, we had an absolutely wonderful weekend..thanks to many people here and crappie.com.

Can't get better than that!!

Bravo! I feel the same way.

You're right about the Mod's life. I have quit 3 unpaid jobs this past month- Cub Scouts and church jobs. I need my life back. I maintain this one because it's still fairly convenient. Volunteer work is pure selflessness, and the gratitude for any of it is rare.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Great post Anchorpuller!

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Laura, I enjoyed reading your post...I think you covered the bases..

Did you fish the Jordan get together last week?

Looks like everyone had a great time.....

Have a great day...
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Before I stumbled onto Crappie.com, I was a total loser and girls hated me. But now that I'm a member, Paris Hilton wants to have my baby!

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=deathb4disco;1177060]Before I stumbled onto Crappie.com, I was a total loser and girls hated me. But now that I'm a member, Paris Hilton wants to have my baby![/QUOTE]

And that's for the better
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast