Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone ever heard of Cruz Lite Outboard Motors??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone ever heard of Cruz Lite Outboard Motors??

I was searching ebay for a used 2-4hp motor to use on my boat for trolling purposes. I came across this company selling a brand of motor called Cruzlite or Cruz Lite. I searched the internet for reviews and could find very little info. Someone suggested they might be a company that formally made the Cruise and Carry brand of motors and went out of business when the EPA regulations got a lot stricter on 2 stroke engines.

Anyway their motors are super cheap compared to most other brands and I contacted the dealer selling them on ebay and he offered to sell one to me for $300 plus $60 shipping cost. So $360 total for a brand new 2.5hp motor that only weighs 23 lbs seems unbelievable. However I know if it sounds too good to be true it usually is.
    Another guy told me he thought they were Korean made motors and again he was just speculating based on the old cruise and carry brand.

Has anyone ever owned one of these or know anyone that does? I did find a website but it had little information about the motors.
    Home Page

Post Thanks / Like

The ol' saying "you get what you pay for" comes to mind. You probably would never be able to get parts, and for the price, I would say its very cheaply made, which in turn means your gonna need parts. I would hold on to my hard earned if I were you.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a friend at the lake that has a small outboard motor with the name Sail on it. He said it is just a Yamaha. He said it was a good unit. Might wanna keep an eye out for one of these too.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    I have a friend at the lake that has a small outboard motor with the name Sail on it. He said it is just a Yamaha. He said it was a good unit. Might wanna keep an eye out for one of these too.
    Yeah I knew some companies rebadge motors and sell them under different names so I'm also wondering if cruz lite is maybe a rebadged tohatsu or something. I bought my last boat under the same cirumstances. My boat says Fisher but it's actually made by Tracker.
    In fact the same Tracker boat next to mine is identical in every way except mine was 1k dollars less money. The metal manufacturers tag on my boat even says it was made at the tracker facility in missouri and I get it serviced at the tracker dealer.