Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rod Holder ?????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod Holder ?????

I am looking for some input on the hi-tech rod holders, Scott please chime in.
    I have a boat that I use for crappie and SAUGEYE:D It has eight sets of Driftmasters on it. I long line jigs on the bottom for the saugeye and quite often they smack it pretty good .The ? is, Will the design of the hi-techs keep the rods in place and get a hookset or will the rods come out of the front part of the holder,Trolling from the side of the boat,straight back?
    I ask these things because i have purchased another boat and like the looks of the hi-techs. Going to keep both boats for now, old one is a well oiled machine Thanks.
    Last edited by Y-SLABS; 06-04-2010 at 02:31 PM.

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

you can adjust the hiteks anyway you want,,they are so easy to adjust. instead of totally horizontal when trolling with rods straight out the sides,,i just turn them slightly,,I have never had a rod come out and last week,,using B & M 10' rods, loaded with 6lb line using 1/8 oz jigs, I took a 4lb walleye, a 4 and a 3lb channel, about 100 crappie of which the largest was 15.5 inches. never had a rod even consider falling out. And I am rocking and rolling in a 14' jon boat with a 10 hp engine on it,,if they work on a light weight boat,,they will work on anything. I also use a 50lb thrust hand operated trolling motor

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have HiTeks on my boat.....I have never had a pole come out....even if I hang a stump straight out the back of the boat.....the poles are not coming out.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Scott's come up with a new style of holder. I'm excited about trying them out tomorrow morning. the V in which the rod rests is deeper that the standard Hitek and will eliminate any type of rolling of the rods that may have occurred in the past. He designed it with longliners and crankbait pullers in mind.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks, aBarkley. That was what I was concerned about. I'll contact Scott.

Post Thanks / Like

Scott........A+ on the new design. It worked great.

Post Thanks / Like

pics?
    I got 350 heads on a 305 engine.
    I get 6 miles to the gallon.
    I aint got no good intentions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigKyd View Post
    pics?
    The original HiTek is on the far right. The newer version is in the middle and the newest version designed for long lining and crankbait fishing is on the far left. The deeper and wider V allows the rod to sit deeper in the holder reducing the rolling effect.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a pair of four rod holders in the new style. I've not had them long and have used them only a few times, but I'm sold on the design. Easier to retrieve the rod and they dont move when hung up. If you were disatisfied with them you would be the first I've heard of, and I waited a long time to buy mine. A+ Scott.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have four sets of the four holder systems....mine are like the one in the center. I have not had any problem whatsoever....the rods will not come out even if you hang something pulling straight out of the back of the boat or pullin them out the side of the boat. They might roll up that notch on the front a little but they are not going anywhere.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast