Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spaniard Creek access

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spaniard Creek access

I see this place every time I head to Arkansas to visit my mother. I'm always on the Turnpike so obviously there is no access from that. Does anyone know where the best route to get to that would be? It looks to be Bass/Bluegill heaven from the weedlines surrounding it, but what about the crappie action?
    -Damon

Post Thanks / Like

I fished it back in Mid March with no luck for Crappie, although I did land 3 nice Green Carp between 1 1/2 lbs and 2.8 lbs.

To get there, use Hwy 64 out of Muskogee and head South. You'll see a sign on your right saying "Elm Grove Church". If you go into Keefeton, you went to far.

Turn left there and follow that road all the way back. It goes for a few miles and it get's narrow. You'll cross Spaniard Creek and there'll be a turn off to the left or you can go a little further and there'll be a turn off to the right. Both will take you to boat ramps. The one to the left has camping. I prefer putting in at the ramp on the right because it's further up the creek and above the bridge (it's the ramp you can see from the turnpike)

I had plans on returning during the spawn, but just ran out of time!

Here's a map to it. Spaniard Creek Recreation Area

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Don. That's what I figured I'd have to do. I'll put that information to use in the next few weeks for sure.
    -Damon