Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Has anyone ever had it this bad "THE FEVER"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Has anyone ever had it this bad "THE FEVER"

Has anyone had the fever as bad as I did several years ago? I worked 12 hour shifts and would get off work after working nights the first morning and go fishing for about 5 hours. I would go home and sleep for 2 hours and head back to work for 12 more. The same routine the next morning. The morning I worked off I would fish all day that day and stay the whole night until about 11 o'clock the following morning. When I would finally go to sleep, my arms would jerk in an upward motion and wake me up. There is a medical term for this, but it wasnt the medical problem causing mine. I finally determined I was setting the hook on a crappie in my dream. I broke many rod and reels by stumbling around the banks so sleepy. I suffered a divorce partly because I didnt spend any time with my family. I am now remarried to my wife and spend quality time with her and my child. I dont go fishing as much, so the sleep jerking has slacked off quite a bit. My FEVER gets the best of me at times and I have to go gettum, but my wife understands and we are very happy now. Just dont let the fever overtake you. Family comes first and then CRAPPIE good luck to everyone

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Crappieseeker,

"The Fever" is one reason I started guiding - so I could fish more without catching any flack.

Now if I'm off for more than two days my wife says I need to get back to work. Of course she doesn't like it that I have to work weekends, especially like this last weekend when I was on the water from daylight to dark Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Took her to lunch and spent the afternoon with her today so I'm in the clear for now.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

I still have the FEVER. Good thing the wife understands. Don't hurt that her and the kids help with the fever.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

I am pretty lucky...I get "the fever" too..but my wife gets it just as bad as me. A year ago I was redoing a room in our house in October and the weekend rolled around. I needed to get the floor put in so I wanted to paint the walls before installing the floor so I was going to do the painting on Saturday and Sunday. We usually go fishing almost every weekend the weather permits from ice out in the spring till winter but it had rained the weekend before. I thought she was getting tired of seeing the room a mess so when she asked me what my plans were for the day on Saturday morning I told her I planned to get started on the painting...thinking I would get some good brownie points with her...but her response was..in a miffed tone of voice.."well I guess that means we won't be going fishing this weekend huh?" So I broke down and took her fishing instead just to keep her happy. While I was pulling in some nice slabs it finally hit me and I told her "you know Honey...most men get their butts chewed out because they wanna go fishing instead of doing the honeydo jobs but I get chewed out because I wanna do a honeydo job instead of going fishing...I love you"...we still get a laugh when we remember that weekend. But I did marry a great woman!

Post Thanks / Like

Kenny, I married a great woman too. Even though she doesnt fish, she is a great woman. You and some of the others are just lucky that your wives enjoy it as much as you do. Dont ever let them get away, whats the chances of finding another that way, lol. PUT THE NET OVER HER lol

Post Thanks / Like

I have the best wife. Our dates when we first started dating were a trip to the local water and fish all night. She knows when I start getting "the FEVER" and tells me that I need to go fishing. She even got me a Playstation with hunting and fishing games so when the weather is too bad I can work some of the Fever out without getting in to much trouble.
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!

Post Thanks / Like

The weather never gets too bad around here. A lot of wind, alot of rain, sometimes snow and ice, it doesnt matter to me, I'm going fishing if I have the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking I'm Going to Miss Her

Fishing or wife? hmmmmm.... Boy, I'm going miss her! LOL :D