Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What size EGO net?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What size EGO net?

Just wanting some opinions. I am looking at the EGO Large, Rubber Mesh, 36" handle, #71151, https://www.adventureproducts.com/in...e=egolandings1.

I primarily use long rods, slow trolling or dipping timber. Too big, too small, just right?

Thanks in advance.
    "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi, we're not Spartans, we're Americans. With a capital "A", huh? And you know what that means? Do you? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world."
    John Winger

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Winger View Post
    Just wanting some opinions. I am looking at the EGO Large, Rubber Mesh, 36" handle, #71151, https://www.adventureproducts.com/in...e=egolandings1.

I primarily use long rods, slow trolling or dipping timber. Too big, too small, just right?

Thanks in advance.
    I'd personally go with the ego reach rubber net for crappie. the handle collapses and the net itself is not bulky. I've been crappie fishing for 10 years and this is the nicest net i've ever used. I wouldn't leave the house without it.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Ditto on what abarkley said.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

abarkley, im with you
    When in doubt, set the hook.
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Same here. Absolutely love my EGO Reach net. Here's the page. EGO Reach Crappie Net

And at $40, there a heck of a deal! Just make sure you get the RUBBER NET, not the $36 one. You'll be glad you did!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OkieDon View Post
    Same here. Absolutely love my EGO Reach net. Here's the page. EGO Reach Crappie Net

And at $40, there a heck of a deal! Just make sure you get the RUBBER NET, not the $36 one. You'll be glad you did!!
    What is the difference between the two other than mesh size? Both of them seem to be rubber coated nylon.

Post Thanks / Like

After using both type of baskets on the Ego Net, without a doubt go with the rubber basket. If a crappie lays over in that net with other type basket you will be picking it out with pliers and damaging your net. With the rubber it is nothing to remove. I like the way the mesh looks with the smaller holes, but that is about it. It is too aggravating picking hooks out to be advantageous. Own 3 of them and love them. Had Grant at Adventure to change my mesh ones to rubber baskets. They are a class act there, they will treat you right.

PS I am speaking of the Ego Reach with the rubber basket.

Post Thanks / Like

X's 2 Countrytime!
    Lake Fork Trophy Lures Prostaff
    Cumberland Crappie Custom Rod Holders Prostaff
    Juiced Up Baits Prostaff
    G3 Boats

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quackrstackr View Post
    What is the difference between the two other than mesh size? Both of them seem to be rubber coated nylon.
    Actually, if you go to the website linked above and look at the side bar, it says that the rubber net is actually one continuous piece of rubber and the nylon mesh is rubber coated nylon. So the barbs can still get caught up and with the smaller mesh there's more places to get a hook stuck. The rubber net looks much thicker too. I think the larger holes and rubber will also be safer for any fish you release as well.
    -Damon

Post Thanks / Like

EGO Rubber Reach style #71002.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast