Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Our first experience ordering a new boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Our first experience ordering a new boat

We did a lot of research and drove a lot of miles and then finally decided on the War Eagle 861 Predator with a 115 Yammy 4 stroke. We were really excited - after 22 years of marriage and 10 boats, we are actually buying our first brand spanking new boat. Woo Hoo!!! Here's the timeline:

April 19 - Visit dealer, spec out the boat with the stuff we want - put money down. Per dealer the boat should be ready 2nd week in May.

May 13 - no boat yet, but it should ship next week.

May 20 - War Eagle had "transportation issues" but don't worry, the boat is finished and will be here next week.

May 27 - boat arrives at dealer. Dealer does not call us to say it's here, but I call him on Friday to see if it actually came in.

June 1 - Dealer owner/salesman says the boat is here and I've got extra help coming in tomorrow and your boat will be ready this week, no problem. Dealer promises to fax serial numbers so we can get insurance written and we plan to pick the boat up this Saturday - Yay!!!!

June 3 - 1:15 p.m. - No numbers faxed yet, so I call dealer. Owner/salesman is gone, won't be back til next Monday. Office manager doesn't have serial numbers and doesn't even know the boat has been delivered. I ask who is in charge since the owner is gone? Evidently nobody. She says she doesn't have another salesman for me to speak to. My reply - I don't need a dang salesman, I've already bought a boat, I need to speak to somebody who knows what's going on. She proceeds to tell me it's not her fault and I shouldn't be fussing at her. I then tell her I am hanging up (at this point I feel sure that my head is going to explode)

June 3 - 1:35 p.m. - Office Manager calls me back. She proceeds to tell me that the motor has not even been delivered yet. WHAT????? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??????? They hope to have the motor in by the middle of next week. Maybe it will be rigged and ready by next Saturday.

June 3 - 11:00 p.m. - The excitement over this boat has all but fizzled out. I've been patient and I've been nice until today. They have a large deposit paid in good faith and I have a headache and no boat.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like their priority isnt necessarily the same as yours. Maybe that deposit was too big?!? Hopefully....you guys can pick that new ride up next week. I'm looking forward to seeing your new toy.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds familiar and still sucks.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

That is the problem with ordering anything from a dealer. No Integrity, they will tell you what you what to hear. They will give you a unrealistic timeline, anything to get you on the hook. Call them and tell them you want your money back since they can not deliver your boat during the month it was promised, maybe somebody will get off their butt and find out where your motor is.

Post Thanks / Like

Vonna, sorry for you troubles. I can only imagine the excitement of waiting for a brand new boat to arrive only to be disappointed again and again. The dealership should have been the one contacting you each time there was a delay.

At a minimum they owe you a free boat cover or something. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain!! I had the same experience when I bought my boat. Sat down with owner and ordered it like I wanted it. It would be built and delivered within 4 weeks. After 3 months of the same excuses, transportation, motor not available yet!, etc etc. I told them to forget it and give me my deposit back which she did! with very little fight!! I went to a different dealer, told them of my experience, they assured me they could have what i wanted at their shop within 3 weeks and took NO money down. 2 weeks and 4 days later the owner stopped by my house on the way to his shop to show me MY boat he had just driven to missouri to pick up!! Told me his son was wating at the shop so they could get started rigging it and would have it ready in 2 days!! I have since sent everyone that asks me where to look for a boat to them.
    Everyone has a secret talent they didn't know about until tequila.

Post Thanks / Like

Ouch.......all I can offer is that it prolly wasnt War Eagle draggin their feet.
    Stick yo jig in there!

Post Thanks / Like

Call War Eagle and let them know what has happened in detail. See how quick you get a response from the dealer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishincrazy View Post
    Call War Eagle and let them know what has happened in detail. See how quick you get a response from the dealer.

do this one.

old

Post Thanks / Like

Your dealer sonds incompetent, unreliable, and dishonest. Do you really want to do business with someone like that? How are they going to treat you when your boat needs service?

I would take my business elsewhere.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast