Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I get started?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How do I get started?

Ive been wanting to do my own soft plastics for awhile now. I was wondering if someone could give me some advice on where to buy the molds and plastics I need to get started. Does Cabelas or Bass Pro have a starter set I could use?

Post Thanks / Like

lol here comes some money spending

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bjoyce66 View Post
    Ive been wanting to do my own soft plastics for awhile now. I was wondering if someone could give me some advice on where to buy the molds and plastics I need to get started. Does Cabelas or Bass Pro have a starter set I could use?
    what are you looking to do and what type of molds are you wanting are you going to mainly fish for bass or crappie. Since I know what you are going to do I will point you in the right direction.

www.bobsjigs.com

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PBUG2009 View Post
    lol here comes some money spending
    those guys sure got enough of mine already.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Im mainly wanting to make some crappie and bream jigs. Mostly 1" 2" 3" curly tail jigs either double or single tail.

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing Lure Making Products, Soft Plastics, Lead Molds, Hooks and more! - LureCraft
    Del-Mart Molds :: Plastic Compounds
    ttp://bobstackleshack.com/
    Injected Grub Molds : Bears Baits, Soft Plastic Pouring Supplies

Post Thanks / Like

if you go under the very first post and click the title that says supplies, then go to the second post under that which is guest01, there are some good websites. Also try jacobsbaits.com

Post Thanks / Like

Unless you are just wanting to tinker or you loose alot of baits, its cheaper just to buy them

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

DON'T DO IT lol It is addicting as heck!!!!!! you can buy a ton of baits for what it cost to get started, ok with that warning out of the way.... Lure craft. com, bass tackle, Del Mar and bears baits .com are good places to look. Jacobs has some great crappie molds as well.
    I would start out small and add to the collecting if you like it. I make my on molds outta clear cast or fiberglass resin but buying molds are just about as cheap as making them
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bjoyce66 View Post
    Im mainly wanting to make some crappie and bream jigs. Mostly 1" 2" 3" curly tail jigs either double or single tail.
    go to bear baits website also go to jacobs' baits you'll find everything that you want.

www.bobsjigs.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast