Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bob R

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bob R

Bob,
    I keep hearing that there are some humps out in front of the dam at Marion that are good to jig with a jig n spoon in the summer for whites and wipers but try as I might I haven't been able to find them or find them on a topo map either. would you be willing to possibly steer me in the right direction? you don't have to give up specifics, just wanted to see if you could guide me in a general direction to at least start looking...... If not, I totally understand.
    thanks,
    Travis

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know of any near the dam but up the lake are some that hold Wipers and Whites from time to time in the summer. I will pm the way points.

Post Thanks / Like

Bob you are amazingly nice and generous. I can't thank you enough.....helping out a total stranger. Thank you so much! I really want to learn how to use a jigging spoon and I think that's a good thing to try on humps in the summer! I don't have a gps but i've got one on the way actually. Thank you again Bob, that was so nice of you! What a great guy!
    Travis

Post Thanks / Like

thanks again bob! can you tell i'm excited. I'm so burnt out on bass fishing that all i want to do is learn to crappie fish, white bass fish and wiper fish. I'm half tempted to sell all my green fish gear. all the crap you see on tv and all the tournaments and stuff. drive high dollar boats around to catch 15 inch fish....... never mind, just going on a rant but anyhow thank you very much. I love marion and most of my time is spent throwing road runners up on the rocks on the dam catching channel cats and the occasional wiper and white but they will disappear soon.

Post Thanks / Like

I tell all my bass fishin friends "Hey you'll grow up someday".

Post Thanks / Like

hahahaha, i know i sure have seen the light. I went to texas this year for 10 days and got pretty burnt out on bass fishing.........in fact I haven't picked up a bass rod yet. wasn't relaxing at all.....come home and crappie and white bass fish and i'm having the time of my life. felt like i wasted half my vacation. Next year i'm saving 2 weeks vacation just to chase crappie, white bass and walleye.....and relax.

Post Thanks / Like

kscatman
    Jack Bakers maps show most of the humps on Marion and a couple are near the dam.
    Fear me all ye that dwell beneath the waves

Post Thanks / Like

where the heck do i get one of those maps!

Post Thanks / Like

I have never done that good on the structures near the dam. Wipers do get on the dam like last Sept. Warren at Canada Bait just south of Marion res has Jack's maps and he is pretty good about sharing information. Wipers also get up in the Canada road trees on the NE side. I have never run the downriggers on that lake but might have to try that this summer. Got to be some fish holding on the river channel breaks.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks Bob, I think I'll pay ol' Warren a visit on my way up there tonight. I do catch them on the dam quite a bit in the spring but they seem to disappear in the summer from there.