Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Great new ultralight book

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great new ultralight book

It's been a long time since I've written a book report, but I thought it was about time again.

Last week, I just happened to stumble onto a book about ultralight fishing called Piscatorial Absurdities. It's written by Joe Robinson of Texas. I've been an ultralight nut for over thirty years and have read everything about it that I could get my hands on. Robinson's book is the best I've ever seen on the subject. I learned a lot.

Robinson started out spin fishing, then got heavily into fly fishing. Now he's back to where he started with the UL gear. In researching the book, he found some sources that I was aware of and a bunch more that I had never heard of. It's only about fifty pages long, but it's loaded with info on rods, reels, line, rigging, etc.

UL fishing with lines under 4# test is not for everybody, but if you enjoy it as much as I do, check out the book. It sells for $20 and is available only through Sportsman's Finest in Austin. Info is here:

Home - Piscatorial Absurdities

(The book is not listed on the website. Just call them and ask about it.)

Here's a brief article on Joe and the book:

Tiny reels prove useful for Hill Country river fishing

I have no ties to Robinson or Sportsman's Finest. I just really enjoyed the book.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Piscatorial Absurdities

Thanks, "deathb4disco". I passed your response on to Joe, and he was quite pleased! When he originally put "PA" to print, he was only going to get 50 copies. We convinced him to do 100, and he is on his third printing of 100. To quote Joe, "nobody is interested in this kind of fishing." Anyway, it has been a lot of fun working with Joe at Sportsman's Finest, and we are all really pleased at the warm reception he has been getting. Here is a link to the youtube video with super slow motion of his basic 3 casts. Enjoy!
    YouTube - High Speed Video of Ultralight Spin Casting

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good, need to get that book and read up
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

DB4D,

You cost me enuf moniez already.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"