Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blakemore Road Runner

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blakemore Road Runner

Do these things work anygood? if they do what colors and sizes are the best?

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...=SearchResults
    Stop Global Whinning!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tony ....

I've used RR's for over 30yrs ... why, 'cause they catch fish !! I've mostly used the marabou/chenile version, but don't see why the "bubble belly" wouldn't work just fine. After all, I'm using Panfish Assassins on plain jigheads, and catching good fish with them ... and a "bubble belly" and a Panfish Assassin are very, very similar looking. (biggest difference is a "bb" HAS a belly - the "PA" is flat on the bottom/belly)
    Mostly I use 1/16oz, and occasionally the 1/32oz. I even have a pack of the "heads", to which I can attach various different "bodies". I mostly cast them, but have had success trolling them. Some of the biggest Crappie I've ever caught (on artificials) have come on Roadrunners.
    Solid Chartreuse & solid Pink have been my most productive. There used to be one that (the color) was called "Peacock" .. Chartreuse head, Teal body, Chartreuse tail. It was a "killer" color !! Unfortunately, Blakemore discontinued it (and has no plans to restart making it - I've already inquired). They have introduced a "new" color to the marabou series - grey. It looks pretty good, but I haven't gotten ahold of any ... yet.

Looking at the "bubble belly" series .. I like all of them. And, if you want a larger "selection" of body colors ....... check these out:
    http://www.bassassassin.com/index.ph...&CategoryID=18

.............. luck2ya ........cp

(NOTE: it would appear that "solid pink" is no longer available, either - I don't see it on the Blakemore website)

Post Thanks / Like

Earlier you guys posted about having problems with thier hooks being brittle. I was just looking at basspro and they have a version now that has blood red truturn hooks. Looks like a winner to me. http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...=SearchResults

Here are some that have Gamakatsu's - http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...=SearchResults
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 01-16-2006 at 02:50 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I agree with CP about the RR's. I love the Bubble Belly's. After a front goes thru you can't beat a Red head with the albino Bubble Belly body. The main thing with the RR's is you have to fish them slow. It doesn't take much to turn the blade on a RR. CP is right about the Peacock RR. Bass as well as Crappie love those Peacocks. I still have a bunch of the 1/32, 1/16, and 1/8th Peacocks left. Guess I will have to start hording them for myself now. Not really I share whatever I have with anyone, anytime.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZZ
    Earlier you guys posted about having problems with thier hooks being brittle. I was just looking at basspro and they have a version now that has blood red truturn hooks. Looks like a winner to me. http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...=SearchResults
    I paint my own hooks red with finger nail polish. I have an abundance of different hooks so instead of buying new ones I just paint the ones I already have. They work just as well as the boughten ones.
    The thing about the RR Bubble Belly bodies is you can't buy just a pack of the color of bodies you want you have to buy a complete jig or the BB Kit. I buy the bags of jig hooks and bodies seperate because they are cheaper that way.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver
    The thing about the RR Bubble Belly bodies is you can't buy just a pack of the color of bodies you want you have to buy a complete jig or the BB Kit. .
    I believe i saw some BBs at Wmart. Might not be the color you want though.

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Roadrunners

BEEN USING THE NEW RED HOOKS ALL WINTER IN FL. SPIDER RIGGIN ---THE HOOK IS A LOT SHARPER ,THINNER AND THE JIG HAS A DOUBLE BARB ON IT TO HOLD THE TUBE BETTER [I BUY THE THE R R BARE AND USE THE COLOR TUBE I WANT---THEY ARE A BIG IMPROVEMENT OVER THE OLD ONES AND I CAUGHT A LOT OF FISH WITH THE OLD ONES :D
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I guess Im gonna go out and get some of tese things. does the color of the jighead matter?
    Stop Global Whinning!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Not really ....

Quote Originally Posted by Tony
    Wow, I guess Im gonna go out and get some of tese things. does the color of the jighead matter?
    As long as it's Chartreuse :D

Seriously though - it is "thought" that Chartreuse heads are best in stained to murky waters ... white heads in clear waters ... red heads for post frontal conditions. I use Chartreuse heads for ALL conditions, and haven't really tested that "theory". But, since I use mostly unpainted jigheads with my tubes, grubs, Assassins, etc .... I'm not all that convinced that it would make so much of a difference, that I'd have to switch RR head colors to get bit. Just MHO, though. ......... luck2ya ..... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Question Hey EB ....

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver
    I still have a bunch of the 1/32, 1/16, and 1/8th Peacocks left. Guess I will have to start hording them for myself now. Not really I share whatever I have with anyone, anytime.
    What would you swap me a couple of them Peacock RR's for :D
    I'd REALLY love to have a couple of the 1/32 & 1/16oz ones. ...cp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast