Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crappie.com Fishing Code Of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie.com Fishing Code Of Conduct

After owning this site, and fishing with many of you, then reading tons of your posts. I've kinda come up with an idea that I think will help our cause.

I want to develop a Crappie Fishing Code of Conduct. I want an agreed to code of conduct that we will use on all waters that we fish. I want to make fishing more fun for everyone. I want Crappie.com members to be courteous and ecologically minded. I think together, the members of Crappie.com can make this world a better place. Really, I think we can make an impact, lets do it.

OK, now that I've described the mission, we need rules/guidelines to live by, and that's where you all fit in. Lets discuss this on the board.

I'm thinking guidelines surrounding:
    - wake zones
    - distance to fish from others
    - boat launch suggestions/Etiquette
    - littering
    - over harvesting
    - habitat improvement

even values of our sport like:
    "teach a kid to fish",
    "say yes to fishing, no to drugs",
    "keep what you'll eat",
    "give a senior citizen some fillets",
    "take a senior fishing", and so on.

Let me know your thoughts.

This could maybe turn into something where if you agree to these guidelines and follow these practices, you get to display a big "cdc Etiquette Disciple" or something like that.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best
    Likes mighty LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

This is an outstanding idea! Let's do it.
    Jim (Ike) Isaac - San Diego CA

Purveyor of sea stories, fish tales
    and other prevarications.

Post Thanks / Like

i agree 100% ...... i think everyone needs to take a kid fishing....that is why we host a free kids fishing durby every year...nothing like seeing a kid catch a fish...i would rather see that then land a 3lber
    Bluff City Tackle Pro Staff
    Touranment Ice & Minnow Ice
    Culprit Pro Staff
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

agree 100%

Post Thanks / Like

I also agree.
    1 for boat launch courtesy, make sure you're ready to launch BEFORE you pull out on the ramp. Most places have a get ready area just for that, wouldn't it be nice if every one used it.
    2 for littering, if you see it pick it up even if it's not yours, carry a litter bag with you. Every little bit you do helps clean up around the lakes and ponds.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

You'd certainly have my support in this endeavor. And that's an excellent suggestion wannabe.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is a great idea. I know of many schools or clubs that has used an agreement or pact amoung themselves that they would not do drugs or stay pure until marriage and they honored this with big success.

Brooksville, FL (Originally from Terre Haute, IN.)
    Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding. Your thoughts and the positive thoughts of CC members will help the sport of fishing.

I am going to think of some additions to your list and will post this weekend.

Chuck
    From Steve Wunderele - 10-2-84 --"A fishing trip maybe brief, but it's memories are endless."

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

It is a great idea. I have people come up to me all the time that knows me from Crappie.com. I believe a program like this will have more people wanting to join and get involved. Teaching people to crappie fish and a code of conduct at the same time, that's the way it should be done.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Good idea!

First is don't throw things in the water, like cold drink cans or plastic bottles. Just say nothing that doesn't belong in the water. So if anyone still throws stuff (trash) in the lake, then stop it, but if you have stopped it then help pick up things floating and put it in your boat until you get to the bank later to put it in it's proper place, trash can.

Respect... peoples property, meaning if you are going out in a no wake zone and there are homes on that bank then we shouldn't push big wakes to eat their bank away. Also if your running other than in a boat lane then you should slow down for other boats, especially small boats. Boat lanes are made for running and I have to say if someone is fishing in a boat lane then they need know that people have no reason to slow down because they choose to be there.

One should never push in on where someone is fishing and we should avoid them if possible. I know that if a boat is stationary fishing and I am trolling off that bank then I will stop before I reach them and turn around or will just go around them.

No reason to ever keep fish under limit size or over limit in numbers. No one need that many fish. I know if I catch a crappie and measure him and he's 9 7/8" long he's got to go back. Our limit size here is 10".

I try to help teach what I know as far as fishing and tying. Why be anything other than someone that will help when they can?

I am a senior, but can still catch my own fish and I have my own boat, but I do give away a lot of fish and I mean already been cleaned and in the freezer. I also many time give away fish to neighbors and even people I don't know on the water if I don't want to keep and clean what I have caught. If in my live well and no one wants them or I don't see someone then I just put them back in the lake.

I don't use a boat launch much any more, but I do my best to get my boat tucked away as fast as I can to move it to finish tie downs and such so someone else can get backed in.

All basic stuff here though and if we would just follow one rule things would be a lot better. Treat people and things as if it was you or yours after all none of us wants to be mistreated or trashed on. Treat people as we want to be treated and then respect our great outdoors with the respect it deserves and that is pretty basic and wide, but true.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast