Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official Crappie.com Funny Fishing Outfit June Photo Contest

Post Thanks / Like

Default Official Crappie.com Funny Fishing Outfit June Photo Contest

OK, we have another official contest to announce. Funny photos of fishing outfits. Post them in this thread please.

Ship's idea is this, and I quote:

"Crappie fishing outfits people wear while fishing....
    Funny photos only! Keep it clean."

This contest will run through the end of June. My family will look at all photos after all the submissions have been posted here in this thread, and they will determine the winner.

I will determine the prize for the winner shortly. I have to take an inventory first to see what all I have left to give away. I will post the prize information here in this thread as soon as I know.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

I copied this post here for Ship, it was in the wrong thread.

ok Here is my entry.........

This is Shipahoy 41 just getting ready to go fishing. I'm laid back and walking around getting my weapons of destruction gear.

It is time to change into what I will drive to the lake in. Nothing spectacular. Just a fishing vest and crappie.com hat.

But when I get to the Lake and put on my waterproof pants, cut off army fishing jacket, sun screen hat and have all my weapons of destruction...it's game on. How's that for a crappy look

Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Shipahoy 41, I see that you, too, use the best cooler ever made for keeping minnows frisky.

As for the clothes--that third picture will be hard to top! (But hey, we wear what works.)

Tell us about the sunshade chair. Who makes it? Where can one buy it?

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by split handle View Post
    Shipahoy 41, I see that you, too, use the best cooler ever made for keeping minnows frisky.

As for the clothes--that third picture will be hard to top! (But hey, we wear what works.)

Tell us about the sunshade chair. Who makes it? Where can one buy it?
    Hey split handle.....

I used to use styrofoam buckets and the plano buckets you throw in the lake water to keep minnows. They always died. Or, they did not last for three or four days etc. I found an old cooler at the thrift store and mounted an aerator onto it. I drilled a tiny hole is the side and threaded aquarium tubing and an aerator into it. No more dead minnows. I can keep them alive, cool and fresh all day plus store them in the garage and I can go fishing four days later still with live minnows.

The clothes and crazy hat.....well I gotta protect my sun tan. A regular fishing vest is not enough for me on the water so I cut the sleeves off an army camo shirt. Works much much better. Yellow rubber pants keep stuff from the fish off me (milt etc...) and I don't get wet or worry about it.

The chair I found at a thrift store also and jumped on it for $10.00 ; there was a distributer in Birmingham was going out of business and donated them to the thrift store. Here is the website of a company that makes them.

A camouflage tent canopy chair for sportsmen, hunters, or fishermen
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Might as well just go ahead and give old Ship the prize now because I don't see how anyone can top his outfit...Dayum!!! :D
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Brother in Law and his wife were renewing wedding vows. Ask me to be in the ceremony. My reply was "I ain't wearing a monkey suit!". A bit of discussion and we made a deal. If he made me wear a Tux, then he better get the insurance on it, cause I'm going catfishing in it. Not sure he ever believed me. But I had a plan. After the reception, I called a buddy who was fishing that day to pick me up and go fishing. And, so we did.

I was pretty careful with the duds. Don't think he ever heard anything back from the rental shop!

Dayton

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a good pic of you and the catfish :DNice!!!!
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-3 Fisherman View Post
    Might as well just go ahead and give old Ship the prize now because I don't see how anyone can top his outfit...Dayum!!! :D
    :D:D:D:D:D:D I like Ranger 690. That is awesome friend. Not crappy ...but very unique!
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

ranger to funny shoulda went noodling in it lol

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast