Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish

Looks like I will have time to fish later in the week, maybe thursday.
    Hey Falcon, I bet that bamboo you came across is visible right now with the lake being down over 2' now. I know when I sunk them, the lake was a foot low, and I could still see one of the tops of one, once I sunk it. Have you found anymore? They are out there, I promise.
    BG, do you like to quail hunt? I have been wanting to go so bad, but haven't had the time or the money. I have no clue as to where there are any quail around NE Ok, but I sure have the dogs to locate them. I haven't worked with them this year, and it would take a first kill to get them into it heavy, but, once that happens, if the birds are around, they WILL find them!
    My next job is at least two weeks out.
    Last edited by Crappie Reaper; 01-16-2006 at 06:53 PM.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Reaper we found another one last Thursday. Caught a few off it, nothing real big. The other two seem to have dried up for me. The new one I found was on the tall bluffs right before the last big cove in Talala.

Post Thanks / Like

OK falcon, go North from that bamboo by the bluffs, and be in about 18-19' of water. You will come across a couple of submerged boulders that have a little brush around them. That is the most consistant spot in all of Talala creek. In about a 10' circle, you can catch a limit in just a couple of hours. You have probably seen many boats sitting over the spot a few times. It is no secret, the spot is just full of crappie, most being around 10-12". The reason I dropped that bamboo there was to try and attract some of the fish off the boulders so that I could fish the area when someone else was anchored over them. If you have never fished it, try it, it is a great spot.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Reaper, I know the spot you're talking about now, I'll try it if it's ever open! You're right there are always boats there, I was out Saturday and there was not one, not two, but THREE boats in that little area.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a hit and miss spot in the summer/fall, but winter time is everytime. When we meet, I will show you the exact spot to fish. Alot of boats anchor about half a boat length off of it and are never directly over the hottest spot. Is your Brother the one with Corp guy with the beard? The Corp guy I know is P Shockley. I trimmed his new house and finish up a custom right across the street from him today.

Post Thanks / Like

How did it go Thursday? I haven't fished that area since last spring, had no luck at all there and ended up making several trips to Eufaula during the spring where we had good success. Ready to start crappie fishing.
    Kenny
    Last edited by coyote; 01-23-2006 at 11:23 AM.
    Hey, tell me a story!

Kenny

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to C.C Coyote. I didn't go, too many things happening for me right now. I might be able to go early Sunday, but am not counting on it. Monday looks fair though.

Post Thanks / Like

Reaper

do you have any gps for that spot. I guess i will have to spend alot of time in the creek next time i get down there. I leave in kansas so I need a little help.