Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need more Help with the UV questions Please?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need more Help with the UV questions Please?

I am playing with UV coating that when I paint a jig head and then coat it with UV it looks just like it does before any coating as long as we look at it in just regular light. So FL Red still looks FL Red and Black looks Black, but if I put them under a Black Light so we can see what the UV is doing then its' a whole new ball game. Black is not a vibrant neon Blue and all the colors are neon like a Glow thing going on.

Here is where I need help. We humans can't see UV, but fish can. So do they see the neon colors when UV light hits the head color or just want happens? I am pretty sure something happens they see that we can not, but what?

Also is the UV from moon & stars and enough that I don't need the Black Light out on the water at night or would it help to shine the Black light in the water too? It clamps on to the rail so I could take it if needed, but would prefer not.

I know a lot of guys on here are smart and now hope one is smart enough and knows enough about this to help.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Skip, when I troll for other spieces I use a small 4inch dodger with the UV reflector. I think on bright sunny days its suppost to pick up more light than the other dodgers without UV. I know I catch more fish with dodgers that has UV paint. At night with a light I wouldnt think the outside light would be bright enough down 10 or 12ft to do much good. But I think you have a good Idea in painting some of your jigs with UV paint. I just ordered a couple spray cans of the UV paint to paint my other dodgers with.